February 26, 2024
About Our Company
We are a film studio platform that helps creators come together with viewers to create high-quality TV and film without answering to Hollywood. So how do we do it? The content is created by the greatest film executives of all time. You.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a Merchandising Finance Data Analyst, collaborate with the Merchandising Team to create accurate financial forecasts and monitor performance indicators. Prepare insights for regular financial reports, assist in budgeting, support supplier negotiations, and analyze deviations. Streamline reporting, contribute to pricing strategies, evaluate new products, and stay updated on market trends. Provide on-demand financial analysis and optimize sales data for increased revenue.
- Help develop and execute effective merchandising strategies in alignment with company goals and target market. This involves planning product assortment, pricing, placement, and promotions
- Collaborate with the merchandising team to create accurate financial forecasts for various product lines and categories
- Monitor Key Indicators: Keep an eye on important performance measures like sales, margins, inventory turnover, and pricing trends. Use this data to find ways to improve our processes
- Present Insights: Prepare and share regular financial reports with merchandising leaders. These reports will highlight important insights and offer recommendations based on financial analysis
- Budgeting Support: Assist in developing yearly budgets and strategic plans for the merchandising department. Make sure our financial goals match our business objectives
- Supplier Negotiations: Help in negotiating with suppliers by providing cost analysis and pricing suggestions. The goal is to meet our profit targets while maintaining strong supplier relationships
- Retailer and Licensee Negotiations: Help in negotiating with retailers and licensees to optimize contracts to meet the margins needed for both parties.
- Analyze Deviations: Investigate differences between our actual financial results and what we've budgeted or forecasted. This will help us understand what's working and where we can improve
- Streamline Reporting: Work alongside the finance team to simplify and enhance our financial reporting methods and tools
- Effective Pricing Strategies: Be part of teams that come up with pricing strategies to increase revenue while staying competitive
- New Product Evaluation: Help evaluate the financial side of introducing new products, expanding current lines, or discontinuing certain items
- Stay Informed: Keep up-to-date with market trends, competitor actions, and industry changes. This knowledge will shape our financial decisions
- On-Demand Analysis: Provide requested ad hoc financial analysis and decision support to management when needed
- Financial Report Preparation: Assist in putting together financial reports, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Optimize Sales Data: Study sales data to identify ways to promote cross-selling, upselling, and special product offerings
- Cross collaboration: Report directly to the merchandise team, while fostering a positive working relationship with the finance team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- An exceptional listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data and translate insights into actionable strategies
- Proficiency in using data analysis tools and software
- Creative thinking and a strong understanding of visual merchandising principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Detail-oriented perspective and able to pick up on overlooked details
- Organization and time management.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions
- Resourceful and able to problem-solve and manage tasks with ambiguity.
- Willing to perform an array of tasks both in and out of the office
- Can take feedback to tasks and assignments positively and create better solutions
- A quick study, able to pick up new skills and learn how to use new programs
- Must participate in setting and achieving regularly scheduled and outlined objectives.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- 3+ years of finance experience
Preferred education and experience
- Master's degree is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in financial analysis, preferably in a merchandising or retail environment
What we offer
Perks at Angel:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Option equity package
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees and dependents
- Short, and Long Term Disability Insurance paid for employee, with option of additional AD&D insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- 401(k) investment opportunity with employer match
- Paid parental leave
Angel is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Angel Studios, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates.