December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Milliman is among the world’s largest independent actuarial and consulting firms. Founded in Seattle in 1947, Milliman has offices in key locations worldwide. Through consulting practices in employee benefits, healthcare, investment, life insurance and financial services, and property & casualty/general insurance, Milliman serves the full spectrum of business, financial, government, union, education, and nonprofit organizations. In addition to consulting actuaries, Milliman’s body of professionals includes numerous other specialists, ranging from clinicians to economists.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The MedInsight team develops an industry-leading data warehouse and analytics suite for major healthcare companies including insurers, providers, and public entities. We are a tech healthcare data company transforming how the industry understands and consumes healthcare data. We are accelerating and looking for a Healthcare Data Analyst to join our team. This position focuses on healthcare data profiling and analysis tasks that require quantitative reasoning skills, knowledge of tools and technologies used in data analysis, and an interest in the US healthcare industry. This position will be located in our Milwaukee office. This person’s primary duty will be to work with our consultants and healthcare analytics team by researching healthcare analytics inquiries, onboarding new data sources and supporting daily operations of the MedInsight business intelligence solution.
- Import and interpret source data
- Scrub, clean and validate data
- Prepare input files for 3rd party data processing
- Analyze data results and make changes if needed, before presenting data to data analysts, project managers, and internal consultants.
- Assist with system documentation and research
Preferred Skills And Experience
Candidates must be team players with excellent interpersonal skills. They must also have some experience/ familiarity with data analysis using large data sets. Experience with healthcare datasets is a significant plus.
- Bachelor's degree in data analytics or data science
- Education/ experience with quantitative analysis, statistics, and/or data science.
- Experience coding in SQL or similar language
- Strong analytical ability
- Microsoft Excel
- Effective oral and written communication
- Punctual and reliable
- Team player with positive and energetic attitude
What we offer
Compensation and Location:
- The salary range is $50,000 to $75,000, depending on a combination of factors, including but not limited to education, relevant work experience, qualifications, skills, certifications, location, etc. This role will be based in our Milwaukee office.
What makes this a great opportunity?
- Join an innovative, high growth company with a solid industry track record
- Bring your expertise and ideas to directly impact and help build the next generation of MedInsight products and solutions
- Enjoy significant visibility in your work and be recognized for your wins
- Work for a company that values your wellbeing and professional growth, offering a flexible work environment, generous benefits package, and investment in the development of your career
We offer competitive benefits which include the following based on plan eligibility:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their dependents, including domestic partners
- A 401(k) plan with matching program, and profit sharing contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A discretionary bonus program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starts accruing on the first day of work and can be used for any reason; full-time employees will accrue
- 15 days of PTO per year, and employees working less than a full-time schedule will accrue PTO at a prorated amount based on hours worked
- Family building benefits, including adoption and fertility assistance and paid parental leave up to 12 weeks for employees who have worked for Milliman for at least 12 months and have worked at least 1,250 hours in the preceding 12-month period
- A minimum of 8 paid holidays
- Milliman covers 100% of the premiums for life insurance, AD&D, and both short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care, transportation, and applicable medical needs