Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier DOE science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation. Our team of scientists, engineers, researchers, and business specialists apply their knowledge and skill toward delivering cutting-edge technology in an array of areas.
Across our main sites in Albuquerque, NM, and Livermore, CA, our research ranges from nuclear defense and homeland and global security to innovative work in biotechnology, environmental preservation, energy, and cyber security.
Are you passionate about interpreting data and turning it into information that can be used to help make data driven business decisions? If so, Organization 03091, People Analytics, is currently seeking an HR Data Analyst to join Sandia National Laboratory's Human Resources team!
The selected candidate will join a high energy team, designing and delivering analytics insights to enable data-driven HR decision-making across the laboratories. Accordingly, successful candidates will have attention to detail, critical thinking, strong communication skills, confidentiality, and advanced analytics abilities in Excel and Microsoft Power BI. Other special duties may include policy oversight, software configuration, and data governance controls and training.
On any given day, one may be called upon to:
- Analyze sensitive HR data to produce reports for use by HR, HR Business Partners, line managers, and top executives of the organization
- Partner with customers on gathering requirements, defining measures, retrieving data, and validating results
- Create business intelligence tools and dashboards to support interactive, self-service data exploration, and metrics tracking
- Apply one's analytical ability to evaluate trends and patterns, and draw meaningful conclusions to guide HR decisions, such as staffing and skills needed across the laboratories
- Conduct ongoing training on using and accessing reports and business intelligence tools for the HR Operations team and other staff at Sandia
- Collaborate with other analytical teams at Sandia, such as data science and data warehousing, to ensure meaningful and accurate analysis results for customers
- Think critically about data needs for various HR initiatives or data requests to develop appropriate, sustainable solutions
- Coordinate and clarify business definitions across projects and reports
- Maintain a comprehensive awareness of current HR and local issues to continuously support workforce planning
- Conduct regular audits of HR data and report on issues to be corrected
- Perform descriptive analytics and standardize metric development with Sandia partners
- Partner with the team to expand predictive analytics capabilities
The selected applicant can be a virtual worker located in any U.S. State or District of Columbia. Regular or periodic travel to your assigned work location may be required.
Qualifications We Require
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Science, or a relevant field, plus 5 years related experience; or equivalent experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of the job
- Experience with PowerBI
- The ability to acquire and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- An Advanced degree (Master's or PhD) in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or Information Science
- Experience with coding languages (e.g., SQL, R, Python, etc.)
- Analytical or data management skills using excel
- Knowledge and experience with HR concepts and terminology
- Experience with statistics
- The ability to track, analyze, and identify trends in data and provide effective solutions
- Critical thinking, synthesis, and analytical skills
- The ability to effectively communicate statistical/technical analyses to non-technical audiences
- The ability to manage multiple projects/priorities using tactical and strategic thinking skills
- Objectivity, results-oriented, and experience showing initiative and creativity
- Experience in developing procedures, reports, presentations, and conducting research to obtain information
- Experience working effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Superb communication, collaboration, and people skills with a proven ability to perform effectively in a teaming environment
- Experience building and maintaining diverse, teaming relationships at all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- A desire to grow in predictive and prescriptive analytics
- The ability to model behaviors that reflect Sandia’s core values
Salary Range: $75,900 - $125,400