December 7, 2023
About Our Company
The State of Oklahoma provides services to Oklahomans via roughly 30,000 state employees working across dozens of state agencies.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for tracking, organizing, monitoring, and evaluating data received related to the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) licensed testing laboratories. Data entry, organization, sorting, cleaning, and reporting procedures will be used to enrich program decision making. In order to achieve this, the incumbent will be required to consult and collaborate with the OMMA Data Sciences area, OMMA staff, and external partners that generate or rely on the information collected.
- Create reports from data received that are relevant, informative, and actionable to enable data-based program decisions.
- Assist the OMMA labs division to determine needs and build reports based on those needs.
- Ensure that data problems become data solutions.
- Assist in testing lab surveillance activity for the OMMA.
- Develop and track quality assurance procedures.
- Implement internal analytical protocols to identify system issues.
- Perform basic data analyses for labs division data requests.
- Communicate findings directly with OMMA Lab oversight staff.
- Participate in appropriate agency meetings, committees, and/or councils.
- Create workflow charts and diagrams.
- Monitor progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, and creating progress reports.
- Identify potential or actual problems and recommend solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Education And Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, IT, data-related fields, statistics, the sciences, or closely related field and at least 2 years of professional experience. Excel proficiency required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, And Competencies
- Proficient at analyzing/manipulating large data sets.
- Tableau and Power Bi: Create data visualizations.
- Online Survey Tools such as Qualtrics and RedCap: create surveys and reporting tools.
- Microsoft Excel: data functions and data manipulation.
- Microsoft Access: data queries and manipulation.
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word.
- Critical thinking, time management, and a drive to learn new skills.
Experience with Large data sets, 2 or more years of experience with data analysis and/or report writing in a professional setting.
What we offer
OMMA offers a comprehensive benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is up to $65,000 based on education and experience.