February 26, 2024
About Our Company
thredUP is the world’s largest fashion resale platform, inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. The company has spent the past 10 years reinventing resale, building a marketplace and infrastructure now poised to power the $50B resale economy and usher in a more sustainable fashion future. Millions of consumers use thredUP as the easiest way to sell their clothes and shop over 35,000 brands at up to 90% off — online, in stores or via “try-before-you-buy” Goody Boxes.
Backed by world-class investors, thredUP designed a resale engine that has redistributed nearly 100 million unique garments from closets across America and is now powering resale for the broader fashion industry via its Resale-As-A-Service (RAAS) platform.
Job Description & Responsibilities
How You Will Make an Impact
As a Data Analyst, you’ll employ your data mining and storytelling skills to collaborate across marketing, product, data engineering, and product engineering to support key decisions in email, app notifications, and SMS strategy. Your focus will be on guiding product and marketing features that make our customers want to hear more from us, with the opportunity to expand your scope. You will report to the Senior Manager of Data & Analytics and be an integral member of our data science and analytics team as you own substantial portions of customer experience data. Your insightful analyses will be key inputs guiding product and marketing strategy.
In This Role You’ll Get To:
- Oversee the entire lifecycle of projects related to marketing and product data.
- Conduct in-depth data analyses and create visual presentations to support decision-making across the business.
- Design, configure, and analyze the impact of experiments aimed at driving active subscriber growth, and provide insights into customer behavior.
- Work with cross-functional teams to enhance the customer experience, develop new features, and design high-impact promotional events to drive subscribers.
- Unearth insights from our vast repository of raw data and provide actionable guidance based on these findings to drive strategic decisions.
- Steer our buyer growth and retention efforts by delivering customer-centric insights that inform strategy.
- Foster a collaborative and trusting learning environment by sharing your knowledge, providing support, disseminating best practices, and improving processes.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of relevant experience as part of a product or marketing, analytics or data science team. Preferably in a B2C ecommerce setting.
- Fluent in SQL, advanced proficiency with Excel / Google Sheets, and professional experience with a programming language such as Python, R, or Spark.
- Professional experience with business intelligence tools like Looker, Tableau or similar.
- Proven ability to design and execute AB-Tests, along with a solid understanding of statistical analysis techniques.
- Professional experience collaborating with data engineering and product engineering teams surface new data and metrics and investigate data issues.
- A strong capacity to manage projects, including estimating effort, prioritizing tasks, and identifying potential risks.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, comfortable communicating to a variety of audiences, from non-technical stakeholders to senior team members.
- Adept at co-operating with product and marketing stakeholders, with an ability to translate ambiguous business questions into quantifiable data queries.
- An enthusiasm for learning and sharing knowledge, with a willingness to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Flexible, excited to learn, and able to wear many hats within our interconnected and fast-paced marketplace.
What we offer
At thredUP, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays between $127,000 and $150,000, and your actual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
Many thredUP employees also have the opportunity to own shares of thredUP stock. thredUP employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, as well as a discount when purchasing thredUP stock if voluntarily participating in thredUP’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Subject to eligibility requirements, you’ll also receive other benefits: Comprehensive medical & dental coverage, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance.
What We Offer:
- 4-day work week, with Fridays off
- Hybrid work environment: 3 days in the office and 1 day remote each week
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data)
- Many thredUP employees also have the opportunity to own shares of thredUP stock and are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 13 company holidays
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- RaaS - Inc. Magazine, 2022 Power Partner Awards
- Thrift the Look– TIME Magazine, The Best Inventions of 2022
- Winner of Lattice's “People Vision” - recognizing thredUP as a top place to work for our investment in professional development and our innovations in work-life integration