About Our Company
Sketchy is a revolutionary visual learning platform. We turn complex subjects into engaging visual stories that you’ll remember forever. Through a combination of art, science, and technology, our lessons help students effortlessly learn and recall information and score higher on exams.
Sketchy is used by students at every medical school in America.
90% of Sketchy medical students report higher test scores.
94% of users say studying with Sketchy saves time.
78% of users say Sketchy improves their recall speed.
400,000 students are now doctors thanks to Sketchy.
Sketchy was founded in 2013 when four medical students began creating sketched stories to help them memorize complicated viruses. Since then, Sketchy has applied the same visual learning techniques to a variety of subjects, and become a premiere learning destination for students around the world.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (alongside notable brands like Headspace, Food52, Barstool Sports, and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-ups that bring a playfulness to learning).
Job Description & Responsibilities
We seek a Data Analyst responsible for collecting, collating, and presenting data related to the overall growth of our diverse learning programs at Sketchy. Candidates will have a bias towards action, focusing on distilling business trends and performance indicators into digestible formats that enable informed decisions and investment. The role will require collaborating closely with operational teams (Marketing, Product, Finance, and Content) to drive better optimization across the organization.
Insights will be leveraged across social marketing, performance marketing, funnel management and conversion rate optimization. Candidates should have a strong analytical and reporting background, experience working with multiple teams, and an ability to manage multiple projects with speed.
Sketchy is hiring remote employees in these select US states: California, Colorado, and Texas.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to develop a thorough understanding of Sketchy’s products, subscribers, users, and acquisition channels.
- Develop actionable executive dashboards for decision makers across the company.
- Build custom reports (Looker,Tableau) to enable ad hoc analyses and insights.
- Design and analyze A/B experiments to determine solution effectiveness.
- Lead exploratory analysis uncover new areas of opportunity, generate hypotheses, and quickly assess the potential upside of a given opportunity.
- Work cross functionally with marketing, design, product, support, and engineering to anticipate analytics needs and be the voice of the business stakeholder.
- Work with data engineering to develop and implement new analytical tools and improve our underlying data infrastructure.
- Help define key performance indicators across the business.
- Drive data minded culture inside the company.
- Effectively present and communicate analysis to appropriate stakeholders.
What We’re Looking For
- BA or BS degree in a quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering
- 4+ years of proven work experience in a data analyst role for a technology company.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability; the ability to answer unstructured business questions and work independently to drive projects to conclusion.
- Strong analytical skills with the capacity to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience extracting insights using advanced SQL to work efficiently at scale. Advanced expertise with commonly used analytics tools including Google Analytics, Looker and MS Excel.
- Strong knowledge of statistics: this includes experimental design for optimization, statistical significance, confidence intervals and predictive analytics techniques.
- Must be self-directed, organized and detail oriented as well as have the ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Active team player, excellent communication skills, positive attitude and good work ethic.
- You come up with creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Experience working alongside product and data engineering/data science teams.
- Experience working in an e-commerce or recurring digital subscription business.
- Experience working at a high-growth startup.
If you don’t have 100% of the bullets listed above, that’s okay! We want to hear from you if you are passionate about making a meaningful difference! Learn more about Sketchy’s culture at sketchy.com/careers.
Who You Will Work Closely With
What we offer
- Remote First - Work remotely from California, Colorado, or Texas
- Equity - From day one, you’ll have a stake in our future growth.
- 401(k) - We support your financial future with up to 4% matching.
- Flexible Time Off - We work smarter, not harder. No accruals, just real work-life balance.
- Team Events - Get to know the team with virtual events, monthly outings, company retreats, and more.
- Annual Work Anniversary Stipend
- Monthly Wifi & Phone Reimbursement
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability