Genesys Works is a nonprofit social enterprise providing pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experience, and impactful relationships. Our program consists of 8 weeks of technical and professional skills training, a paid year-long internship, college and career coaching, and alumni support to and through college. We believe that all young people, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, and/or socio-economic status, deserve an equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
Genesys Works is a national leader in providing pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships. Currently, in 6 cities across the country, we are positioning ourselves for future growth and have an exciting opportunity for a strategic business leader to join the National team as a Data Analyst – M&E (Measurement & Evaluation).
Reporting to the SVP, Planning and Operations, the Data Analyst - M&E will play a key role in Genesys Works’ growth and success. He/She will be a key member of the Measurement & Evaluation (M&E) Team that enables Genesys Works to maximize learning and optimize program performance through survey development, research, data collection, data analysis, benchmarking and comparative analytics. The Data Analyst – M&E can be based remotely (with a strong preference for the above locations), and willing to travel to other GW sites if necessary.
As a member of the National team, you will directly contribute to the company’s overall direction and success by working closely with sites and departments across the organization to support new and ongoing M&E initiatives. The Data Analyst – M&E will be responsible for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and map the flow of data between administered systems, including data collection systems, ERP systems (e.g. Netsuite, Clear Company, and Novatime) and Salesforce, during the GW program management & reporting cycle, highlighting opportunities for further optimization and areas that challenge data integrity (timeliness, accuracy, and availability).
- Collaborate with the IT team on the end-user requirement, collection and streamlining of the Salesforce data structures to reflect the recent program management and M&E needs.
- Interface with sites and national team members to assist with the implementation and completion of processes supporting data collection, management, and reporting.
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards used for site performance monitoring and management, program implementation and monitoring, and M&E purposes
- Collaborate with the Tech Team to identify, enhance, test, and implement scalable solutions that connect the systems we use in site performance monitoring, program management and M&E, and eliminate manual activities that are inefficient and prone to error.
- Evaluate how to integrate or upload external benchmark data sets into our systems, especially Salesforce for program and M&E use.
- Design and implement new patterns of analysis using internal and external data that enable GW to gain new insights into performance of our Young Professionals and Operations.
- Lead data modeling, analysis, and visualization using BI applications such as Tableau, and the capabilities of Salesforce.
- Develop training & reference materials and conduct training for end-users related to Salesforce data collection, management, and analysis.
- Conduct data quality audits, develop processes and lead user adoption to enhance data quality and integrity.
- Respond to data requests and other data collection, management, and analysis support requests.
- Proactively keep abreast of new technologies and features, to promote the adoption of new initiatives internally as applicable.
- Advise on data management and analysis technology strategy for GW mission delivery.
Breakdown of Responsibilities
M&E Data Analytics Platform Improvement and Management (50%) Maintain, enhance, and further develop the existing data collection and visualization environment and integrations, principally in Salesforce.
Project Implementation (30%) Assist with new analytics initiatives.
User Adoption/Training/Experience (10%) Enhance UX and automation.
Learn New Technology (10%) Learning and evaluating technologies to solve business challenges.
The ideal candidate has the following:
- High integrity and commitment to Genesys Works’ mission, vision, and values
- 4+ Years of Salesforce database manager/Data analyst experience in a similar environment
- Experience with MS Excel, Tableau, Python, R, and Stata
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies, and passionate about emerging trends, especially in data collection, analysis, and visualization
- Self-learner, willing to explore available resources internally and online to develop mastery of a resource
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of work
- Strong communication skills, especially when delivering the “So What” of analyses, but also across different audiences, both Senior and Staff
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Solid understanding of best practices for data usage and retention
- Salesforce certified administrator
- Experience with Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack
- Experience with Data and Integration architecture, Identity and Access Management, or Platform Development
In our quest to be a nonprofit employer of choice, we offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Generous paid time off policy, (10) company paid holidays, and “Soft Close” between Christmas and New Year’s.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Communications allowance
- Focus Fridays and Flexible work arrangements