December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Founded in 1944, Parsons Corporation, a digitally enabled solutions provider, is focused on creating the future of the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets. From Earth to outer space, we deliver tomorrow’s solutions today. Equipped with the capabilities required to take on any defense, intelligence, or critical infrastructure challenge, our agile, innovative, and disruptive approach enables us to deliver solutions at the speed of relevance.
Our people are our greatest asset. We strive to be an employer of choice that engages employees in the community and creates rewarding career paths to cultivate a resilient workforce that is ready for the future. #WeAreParsons
Job Description & Responsibilities
Parsons is seeking a talented Operations Research and Data Analyst to join a diverse team supporting a modeling and simulation (M&S) program. This opportunity will require a relocation to Albuquerque, New Mexico.
This M&S effort provides a critical role in our nation’s defense by bringing together medium to high fidelity threat system models into an integrated wargame simulation environment. Parsons has supported this program for over ten years, with an established team and excellent customer relationships. Because the need for accurate and integrated modeling, simulation and analysis continues to grow, we are expanding our team to adapt to new challenges.
You will work projects related to planning, analysis, and integration of activities in support of strategic modeling and simulation analysis for the purpose of examining the effectiveness of Air Force weapons systems against validated, postulated, and extrapolated adversary threats. Tasking will include planning, executing, and standing up of validated M&S architectures and associated software within classified areas being built at the Air Force Nuclear Weapon Center, Kirtland AFB, NM to enable the integration of Air Force weapon systems models into representative threat environments.
Other activities include assisting program office modeling and simulation subject matter experts with the integration of Air Force weapon system models into the appropriate M&S environment for analysis, conduct research and analyze US and foreign weapon system data, and assist in updating weapon system models. In this role you will work closely with government personnel to coordinate requirements, design, and testing of solutions.
What Else You'll Be Doing
- Work with all-source intelligence analysts and threat system experts to develop / maintain threat representative scenarios and apply robust data analytics to assess system capabilities and limitations against key weapons systems.
- Perform research and data analysis of foreign weapon systems, policies, doctrine, employment, etc. for the purpose of developing plausible scenarios for modeling and simulation analysis
- Obtain the necessary training for operation and manipulation of ITASE and AFSIM software as well as Intelligence Community (IC) scenario development tools
- Examine available intelligence information for contradictory and/or complimentary technical details on model performance and compare to standard intelligence reporting
- Document discrepancies for the purpose of detailing the necessary changes to the IC modeling community and assist in the implementation of updates to models and scenarios
- Produce program tailored intelligence products based on AFNWC and Senior Program Manager Priority Intelligence Requirements (PIRs) and Key Intelligence Questions (KIQs)
- Develop and document plausible threat laydown scenarios and build baseline files within ITASE and AFSIM for analysis and work with applicable military organizations and IC agencies to validate targets and threat laydowns
- Perform all-source analysis of foreign weapon systems and military capabilities to include, when possible, the exploitation of foreign material by working with multiple stakeholders in the intelligence community and DoD to plan, execute, and document studies
- Analyze simulation results to determine capabilities and limitations of threat performance
- Utilize scientific inquiry in the development of mathematical models and computer programs to evaluate and analyze collected data
- Attend meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars related to program planning, advanced technologies, and support system concepts
- Document and/or brief complex study results to a wide range of clients
- Develop expertise integrating aggregate model and simulation architectures, to include Integrated Threat Analysis and Simulation Environment (ITASE) and Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM), and in conduct studies
What Required Skills You'll Bring
- Candidate must have an active TOP SECRET clearance
- Willingness to relocate to Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required; Master’s degree desired
- 5+ years of related professional experience (12+ years of relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree) working on defense-related analysis or application of computer simulations to analytical problems
- Knowledge of a broad range of weapons systems operations research analysis techniques and possession of analytical abilities
- Knowledge of quantitative techniques and methods used to develop, adapt, modify, and apply models to answer key stakeholder request for information or define and clarify alternative solutions
- Ability to develop and utilize appropriate data collection techniques and design, build, and use model and simulation techniques
What Desired Skills You'll Bring
- Experience with C4 systems, RF- and EO/IR-based weapon and sensor systems, cyber warfare, directed energy weapon systems, GPS systems, military network communications, and the signal propagation environments associated with these systems.
- Military experience with operational planning
- Experience with intelligence analysis or weapons analysis
- Experience working in a Combined Air Operations Center
- Knowledge on joint air operations to include command and control, communications, and datalinks
- Some knowledge in computer programming, to include python
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
What we offer
Why This Job Is Exciting
- Work that matters – applying model and simulation, combined with data analytics, to enable key stakeholders the ability to answer important questions supporting senior leader decision-making; acquisitions, research, and development; and warfighter plans
- New challenges every day – working in the environment that integrates threat models will give you wide exposure to emerging defense technologies from ground to surface to space to cyber
- Competitive Pay/Benefits and a company that knows its employees are the priority
- Ability to upgrade security clearances
Salary Range: $92,200.00 - $161,400.00
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!