December 4, 2023
About Our Company
Inventory causes headaches. That’s why we’ve built machine learning models that predict demand and optimize inventory. It’s an omni-channel decision support engine powered by AI/ML. No more headaches.
We use advanced machine learning models for demand forecasting and for probabilistic optimizations of inventory. Our mission is to empower brands and retailers to be more profitable, more sustainable, and more intelligent. Talk to us about joining our beta family: www.syrup.tech
We have seen how damaging excess inventory and overproduction are to retailers’ profitability and to our planet: we are deeply passionate about solving this problem. Our team comprises dreamers, machine-learning scientists, software engineers and business experts.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly skilled Product Data Analyst who thrives on delving deep into data to uncover valuable insights and thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven environment. In this role, you will play a crucial part in supporting data-backed decision making by analyzing extensive and complex datasets, generating actionable reports, and providing valuable insights to key stakeholders.
- Challenge the status quo, and drive data backed decision making.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of data to identify trends, opportunities, and issues across all areas of our business.
- Develop and maintain product performance dashboards, reports and analytics tools that offer insights into key performance indicators and support business decision making.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize business opportunities based on data-driven insights and recommend appropriate metrics for measuring performance.
- Develop and implement product testing strategies to inform product development decisions and shape business decisions based on insights and trends.
- Manage the entire data lifecycle, including data collection, processing, and utilizing insights to make informed decisions.
- Define and cultivate best practices in analytics instrumentation and experimentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in data analysis, business intelligence, product management or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in SQL, Python, and/or R.
- Experience working with large and complex datasets.
- Hyper-analytical mindset with a strong attention to detail and a curiosity to explore data and find insights.
- You are a highly motivated, result-oriented self-starter, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and can deliver successful results with minimal guidance.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze commercial opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly present complex data insights to non-technical stakeholders.
It would be even more helpful if you have:
- Some experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience working in an agile development environment is a plus.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop or Spark is a plus
What we offer
Fun, friendly, respectful, collaborative, diverse, driven, mission-oriented – that’s Syrup. We're a group of driven people who want to make a difference in the world by building game-changing software. We care deeply about people, planet and product. Concretely, we offer:
- Remote Flex: We’re a remote first team across Europe and North America. For our colleagues in New York, you can come into our office in SoHo as often as you like.
- Equity Compensation: We offer generous equity compensation for all our early employees
- Health, dental, vision: We offer generous health, vision, and dental benefits.
- Unlimited PTO: Take all the time you need, whenever you need it.
- Syrup summits: We bring the whole global team together 1x per quarter for our Syrup summits. Previous locations: Barcelona, Los Angeles, Warsaw, Boston, New York.
- Unlimited pancake mix and maple syrup (from Vermont!) 🍁
We offer competitive base pay with salary of $70,000 - $140,000 commensurate with experience, generous early-stage equity package, and benefits including medical / dental / vision.