About Our Company
Our healthcare system assumes we make decisions based on what is best for us. But it’s not that simple. Everyday stressors often cloud our judgement as to what’s best in the long run. For people with chronic conditions, this can make healthy habit formation difficult.
Wellth is a venture-backed digital health company that improves adherence in chronic disease populations. Using the science of behavioral economics—combined with an appreciation for human nature—we uncover and address the unique obstacles that prevent people with chronic conditions from improving patient outcomes. Our program goes beyond current efforts to boost adherence with technology, reminders, and coaching solutions using contingency management and loss aversion to create motivation, behavior change and improve population health at scale.
In addition to our RCT-proven outcomes, our easy-to-use mobile platform experience has been proven by health plans, providers, and other organizations to empower members with the incentives and support system they need to establish new healthy habits. Key outcomes for members include improved med and care plan adherence, reduction in readmissions, hospitalizations, and ED utilization, improved PDC, and more.
Job Description & Responsibilities
You will have the opportunity to solve interesting healthcare data problems.
Some of the problems you'll work on include:
- What data systems are needed to empower Wellth product managers to analyze and visualize the available patient, clinical, and health industry data sets?
- Build and evolve risk models that identify high-risk patients that are likely to gain significant benefit from Wellth programs
- Build and evolve predictive models: churn, health improvement, disease progression, behavioral improvement, and more
- Investigate potential expansion / impact areas not yet addressed by Wellth's solutions
- Tell a powerful story about the impact of Wellth's positive behavior change through data and data visualizations
Specifically, you will:
- Build durable self-service data tools operating on health data that support product insights for our customers.
- Optimize and experiment with new and existing data models that are business-critical.
- Seek, make available, and consume new data sets, including but not limited to healthcare data standard sets (e.g. claims data, clinical information, EHR data)
- Secure and protect Wellth's data by establishing governance policies.
- Serve as a thought partner to our Product Managers and Product leadership team. Educate our teams to help us ask better questions, interpret findings more effectively, and drive informed decision-making.
- Build and execute a roadmap for data enhancements to align with Wellth's product vision and business objectives.
- Provide leadership on industry best practices, trending topics, and emergent technologies to continuously improve and refine our processes and systems.
You will be a member of a diverse and supportive team.
You will work with:
- Product leaders on cohort patient selection and product marketing initiatives.
- Data engineers on establishing standard operating procedures for data operations and gathering customer data requirements for bespoke solutions.
- Our Manager of Data Engineering on your career development, supporting your technical and leadership growth.
You might be the candidate we're looking for.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience working with healthcare products and data, having directly worked with claims data, patient data, and other health-related data sets.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a healthcare data analyst or healthcare data engineer.
- Proficiency in writing clean and maintainable SQL, Python, and shell scripts for automation, analysis, and ETL using industry best practices.
- Proficiency in executing and maintaining dbt models.
- Proficiency in analyzing and using database schemas and data dictionaries.
- Knowledge of Redshift, BigQuery, and other data warehouse infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in customer, internal, and leadership contexts.
- High comfort level in operating with autonomy, delivering independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of business processes, ROI, cost analyses, and financial modeling.
We expect our candidates can:
- Thrive on the freedom and responsibility of working at a growing startup. You don't need perfect infrastructure, or perfect data, or refined processes or playbooks in order to succeed.
- Take ownership of large customer data concerns from start to finish and collaborate well with cross-functional roles.
- Be a part of the solution that is helping to fix all aspects of healthcare from provider to payer to, most importantly, the person seeking care.
In addition to the above, our ideal candidate has:
- Experience working with Jupyter, Spark, and other data research technologies.
- Experience working with Apache Airflow, Glue, Fivetran, and other data orchestration technologies.
- Experience working with Great Expectations, Metaplane, and other data quality technologies.
- Deep knowledge of data security to protect highly confidential and sensitive data, especially in the healthcare industry.
What we offer
You will enjoy working with us at Wellth.
The benefits of working with us include:
- Flexible working arrangements, supporting strong remote-first practices and tools with the option to work in our excellent gathering space in Marina Del Rey.
- Robust paid time off and generous parental leave program.
- Competitive salary & commission structure.
- Health, dental, vision insurance, and FSA/HSA plans.
- Ability to have a positive impact on people who need it most.
- Support of a highly dedicated team focused on building the future of healthcare.
Base Compensation: $125,000 - $145,000