December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Our mission began more than 150 years ago in 1866 when Henry Sherwin and Edward Williams founded the company in Cleveland, Ohio. The duo went on to shape an industry and create a global legacy. That legacy continues on today as we look ahead and continue to innovate our future. With stores, distribution centers and facilities spanning the globe, we're able to deliver the best in paints, coatings and related products to the world. From our headquarters to our 130 distribution centers and more than 4,000 retail locations, we continue to grow in new and exciting ways.
Here, there's no one path to success. Our 60,000+ employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. Our employees worldwide bring their energy and unique perspectives to each new day. We believe in careers that grow with you and open up new opportunities. With the support of a global team, you can innovate, grow and discover a career where you can thrive and Create Your 𝗣𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲™.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Performance Coatings Group (PCG) Product Systems Data Team is responsible for establishing systems, tools and processes supporting PCG divisions with managing, developing, and finding systems data. The Product Systems Team collaborates with several functional areas to find, validate, and manage appropriate product attributes. The team ensures that product data and attributes are available for several different inputs and outputs for Mosaic Data integration and extraction.
The Product Data Analyst will help to provide a best-in-class service to our internal and external customers through the analysis of systems data to meet business inquiries. The successful applicant will have demonstrated the ability to leverage product and systems knowledge to communicate complex findings in a clear and actionable manner to aid the business in data driven decision making through data.
- Data Management
- The analyst may be asked to coordinate and advance innovation and ideation tools and processes, as well as data analytics and insights tool that are being lead and developed by enterprise data teams.
- Partner with Mosaic product owners and the IT organization to communicate and clarify business needs, contribute to development of long-term system plans, and ensure products and services are aligned with all businesses.
- Partner with divisional marketing and technical teams to facilitate the enrichment of product data for Mosaic implementations.
- Assist in the launch of any new tools or systems that consume product master data.
- Designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions
- Translates new and existing reporting requirements into actionable requirements for delivery via business intelligence applications and tools.
- Crafting and executing queries upon request for data
- Evaluate new reporting requirements, identifies data sources and recommends to other business areas if applicable across multiple groups and environments.
- Presenting information through reports and visualization
- Understand business processes and answers questions on data mapping between source system, data warehouse and presentation layer.
- Complete ad hoc report requests from business stakeholders leveraging necessary BI tools.
- Create and maintain documentation on BI Reporting tools for training the end users.
- Train the business on how to leverage self-service reporting environment to access critical data to support their business decisions.
- Maintain and develop documentation for the BI presentation layers.
- Contribute to Data Analytics team with support activities, issue tracking, escalation, and independently provide resolutions.
- Customizes business intelligence report contents and views using Tableau, MicroStrategy and other tools to meet the requirements of internal customers.
- Data Governance
- Work with the business and technology areas to understand product data availability challenges, evaluate options and technology approach.
- System Integration/Workflow design
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, including application developers, subject matter experts, marketing, product management, regulatory/compliance teams, IT teams, end users and third parties/vendors, to ensure satisfaction throughout the product life cycle and provide optimal workflows.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment (without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- At least 2 years of experience with data management platforms, customer service, marketing, or R&D
- Proficient in Excel or analyzing large data files
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Must have experience building reports, workflow and dashboards
- Must have working knowledge of database technologies such as Access, Excel or enterprise systems.
- 3+ years product management experience
- Experience developing MicroStrategy, Tableau
- Experience in advanced query development and design using SQL
- Experience working with Netezza, Oracle EBS or SW Best of Breed Systems
- Experience with MDM software
- Business Intelligence Reporting (Tableau, Business Objects, Microstrategy)
Travel Requirements: 20%
What we offer
At Sherwin-Williams, part of our mission is to help our employees and their families live healthier, save smarter and feel better. This starts with a wide range of world-class benefits designed for you. From retirement to health care, from total well-being to your daily commute—it matters to us.