HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Job Summary And Qualifications
- Create, schedule, and maintain reports primarily in SQL Server and Microsoft Access
- Monitor jobs run through SQL Server/PPMSI scheduler and correct any anomalies
- Create and manage project plan/documentation(s). Facilitate necessary meetings and prepare necessary status reports to ensure project tasks are being completed in a timely manner
- Create required reference material and technical documentation as needed
- Document processes and maintain report request/helpdesk logs
- Effective collaborator with both IT peers and customers. Participate in team design sessions and code reviews
- Ability to interpret customer requirements, analyze data and identify trends and variance analyses
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, and multitasking for client requirements
- Maintain constant knowledge of application changes and industry changes to improve processes
- Keep upper management informed of system and operational issues
- Ensure quality of reports 12. Coordinate testing of system enhancements/implementations
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Intermediate SQL Server programming and administration skills
- Experience with Visual SourceSafe or other source code control systems
- Strong knowledge of Crystal Reports and MS reporting service
- Strong knowledge of claims and finance processes
- Technical writing experience, preferably documenting system procedures
- Strong system experience and ability to learn new system structures
- In-depth understanding of IPA and MSO medical management business model and processes
- Ability to understand system interfaces and organization operations and work as a team member to identify issues and develop solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to review information to resolve user problems
- Group presentation experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize and schedule tasks Apr 20
- Preferred programming languages: T-SQL, XML, ETL, .Net, C#, or VB
- Preferred translation tools knowledge: Visual Studio IDE, SSIS EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer programming or business major required
- Three years equivalent work experience required
- IBM AS400 experience is a plus
- Bachelors Degree, or Work Experience in lieu of Degree
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.