Bank Street College of Education is a private, nonprofit educational institution located in New York City. The College includes a Graduate School, an on-site independent School for Children, professional development and social programs, and partnerships with school districts, colleges, museums and cultural institutions, hospitals, community service organizations, educational media corporations, and Childcare.
- This position is contingent upon available funding.
- After June 2024, this position is contingent upon the availability of additional funds.
- Please apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume for the position in the “Job Opportunities” section
Summary Position: Bank Street Education Center (the Ed Center), a division within Bank Street College of Education (the College) created to support Bank Street’s work with school districts, is currently seeking a Research & Data Analyst.
The Research & Data Analyst will support projects across the Ed Center project portfolio with primary responsibilities of leading measurement planning, developing associated data collection tools, and executing the data collection and research activities to support their assigned projects.
Key relationships: The Research & Data Analyst will report directly to the Director of Impact, and interact with the broader SSPP team.
Responsibilities: In collaboration with their supervisor, and the broader Ed Center team, the Research & Data Analystwill be responsible for the following:
Research & Analytics
- Working closely with team leads to outline a measurement plan that clearly documents the measurement strategy & associated project metrics.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, creating data collection tools that capture data aligned to key project metrics (e.g., tools to support teachers to measure the impact of inquiry cycles, surveys, observation tools, interviews).
- Supporting in building and maintaining data management structures and tools for long-term qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Creating data visualizations (including dashboards and reports) for use by various internal and external stakeholders (teachers visualizing student-level data, principals visualizing school-level data, districts visualizing district-level data, and Ed Center team visualizing the progress and impact of our network).
- Working closely with district partners to manage the sharing of student-level data.
- Working closely with a subgroup to meet any grant or progress evaluation requirements.
- Contributing regularly to team meetings and share regular and timely updates on the impact of the project.
- Gathering and analyzing research on continuous improvement, school improvement,on-track indicators, NY city and state education policy, federal education policy, and other topics related to the project.
- Participating in self-initiated and job-provided professional development activities to stay current on matters related to education, data analysis.
- Supporting the broader team to deeply understand the district context by researching the history of the city/district and staying current on local topics.
- Participating in and supporting the facilitation of professional learning sessions.
- Contributing to the Ed Center-wide analytics by informing a broader analytics strategy across the portfolio and serving as an Analyst on other project teams as assigned.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
Project Management & Operations
- Managing timelines for various analytics responsibilities and collaborate with the project manager to move forward respective workstreams.
- Attending professional learning engagements to support in data collection and implementation.
- Supporting in maintaining a functional and supportive organizational system within the G:Drive, files, documented systems and processes, etc.
- Creating and executing on a measurement project plan that oversees the work streams and timelines for data collection and research activities.
- Supporting relationship building and maintenance with external partners, including representing the team at some external engagements and/or making presentations to external audiences.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000