About Our Company
Current is a leading U.S. financial technology platform serving the needs of Americans who are working to create a better future for themselves. Our mission is to enable members to change their lives by creating better financial outcomes. Leveraging the best technology, we deliver inspirational and motivational products as we all move forward in a world of increasing digitization and complexity.
Job Description & Responsibilities
At Current, data is at the core of everything we do. This role will play an important part in contributing to the future of Current’s growth, and serving the data analytics needs of Risk at Current. You will own the building and maintenance of the reporting and analytics framework for Risk. Your day to day could include working on risk analytics, modeling data in BI tools, designing templatized reports and dashboards, or creating meaningful metrics and KPIs. You will push the bounds of our data richness and stability by partnering with analytics and data engineers to create well-structured and validated datasets from disparate unstructured sources.
You will partner closely with Risk product, strategy and operations partners to support their analytics and dashboarding needs to drive key business initiatives. Our risk leaders will rely upon your work product in order to fulfill their responsibility to effectively manage Current’s credit and fraud risk.
- Analyze user interaction, behavioral and product usage data to perform risk and impact analyses, discover insights, design experiments and A/B tests and validate hypotheses
- Establish Looker as a primary data reporting and analytics tool; build modular data models in Looker for efficient and sophisticated data analysis
- Drive data modeling requirements for analytics and data engineers
- Explore, validate, and build high value datasets to power business strategies and business intelligence
- Generate actionable insights and uncover opportunities for our risk teams to succeed
- Drive metrics standardization and build consensus among different stakeholders
- Help team(s) quantify their goals and KPIs/OKRs
- Drive data driven culture across the organization; train and educate partners on analytics best practices and self-serve/leverage BI tools.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to deliver on risk dashboards and reporting
- 2+ years of experience working in the data analytics/business intelligence domain; preferably in risk or financial services
- 1+ years of experience building data models, reports and dashboards in BI tools(preferably Looker)
- You are a SQL expert, used to working with complex data sets; converting business problems into SQL is something that comes with ease to you.
- Exposure to dimensional modeling concepts to power meaningful analytics.
- Expertise in defining and building meaningful metrics and KPIs.
- Ability to visualize data in different formats.
- Excellent communication, requirement gathering and prioritization skills.
- Ability to narrate a story with your data and insights that you generate.
- Some statistical analytics knowledge and experience.
- Some programming experience(Python Preferred).
Nice To Have
- Experience modeling data in dbt.
- Experience working with Fintech, banks or a B2C company..
- Experience working with one or more MPP databases (Prefered: Bigquery, etc)
What we offer
This role has a base salary range of $105,000 to $145,000. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches