February 26, 2024
About Our Company
BILL (NYSE: BILL) is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms. BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. BILL is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit bill.com.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This position requires being local to one of our 3 US locations San Jose, CA; Draper, UT; Houston, TX. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make Your Impact Within a Rapidly Growing Fintech Company
Our Product Analytics and Data Science team is growing! We’re looking for a proven analyst to join us and contribute to shaping the future direction of the company. Part of this role is tactical; you’ll be responsible for finding data, putting it into a reportable format, and interpreting it for product teams. The other part is strategic: you’ll be a thought partner in measuring our product performance and identifying opportunities to improve it. You’ll work closely with our product team, but will also interact with other stakeholders from time to time.
List Of Responsibilities/Duties
- Collaborate with product teams to identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and build metrics that measure the impact of new products on customers.
- Develop interactive dashboards that enable teams to analyze data and gain insights into customer behavior, product performance, and business trends.
- Promote a culture of experimentation and A/B testing to drive innovation and optimize product performance.
- Enhance understanding of the customer lifecycle by conducting analyses and providing insights to help finance and research teams identify growth opportunities.
- Serve as a strategic partner to product leadership, providing data-driven recommendations and helping to prioritize initiatives that drive outcomes rather than just outputs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as marketing, sales, and engineering, to ensure that data is being used effectively to drive business outcomes.
- Work closely with Data Warehousing and BI engineering teams on enhancing our data to help related teams move more quickly.
We’d Love To Chat If You Have
- 8-12 years of experience in a Data Analyst or Scientist role, with a demonstrated track record of using data to drive business impact
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and experience working with large data sets.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Looker, or PowerBI, to create compelling and insightful dashboards.
- Experience designing and evaluating experiments.
- Experience with event analytics, including instrumentation, creating funnels, and evaluating flows.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, and/or Design teams, and making technical decisions related to A/B testing, project prioritization, development, and monitoring.
- Experience translating technical results and insights into clear and compelling narratives for both technical and non-technical stakeholders, as well as experience serving as a thought partner with senior leadership to influence product and business decisions.
- Familiarity with working with Python in a cloud-based environment along with more of the recent Machine Learning and regression methods are also very helpful.
- Data modeling experience, including the ability to design data sets to help accelerate analytics work is a big plus.
What we offer
Let’s Talk About Benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more