February 26, 2024
About Our Company
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Let’s do this! Let’s change the world! In this dynamic role you will undertake varied projects assigned to develop, implement, manage, and monitor aspects of the Sustainability program that support the Engineering Technical Authority (ETA) and conservation reduction and target achievements.
- Make recommendations about the methods and ways in which Amgen Inc. Sustainability programs obtains and analyses data to improve quality and the efficiency of data systems including collecting and interpreting data, analyzing and reporting results, identifying patterns and trends in data, and defining new data collection and analysis processes.
- Collaborate with Amgen business units, site, and functional committees to deliver results through influence and communicating effectively with clients. The position will support the Sustainability Global Program to achieve the 2027 Sustainability Plan including the 2027 conservation targets for Carbon/Energy, Waste and Water.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement conservation opportunities
- Develop and manage key projects, ETA program aspects, and any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director
- Collect and analyze Sustainability data
- Partner with functional and site management to develop and implement Sustainability plans
- Integrate, trends, data and information into overall Sustainability program plans, deliverables and recommendations based on data
- Evaluate proposed and completed conservation project business cases to validate environmental benefit
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation to satisfy any audit requirements
What We Expect Of You
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Environmental Sustainability professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
- Master's degree OR
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of EHS experience OR
- Associate's degree and 6 years of EHS experience OR
- High School Diploma/GED and 8 years of EHS experience
- BS degree in life science, engineering fields or environment, health, and safety fields.
- Effective and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Program development and project management skills.
- Experience with data system development and management.
- Experience with Enablon preferred.
What we offer
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
This position will be paid on an hourly basis. The annualized base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $85,275 - $103,822.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible