Equitable is one of America’s leading financial services companies. Founded originally in 1859*, the company’s mission is to help clients secure their financial well-being with advice, protection and retirement strategies for individuals, families and small businesses.
The Reporting Automation and Analytics team member will be a part of the team that supports the development of the digital, inforce and analytics strategy for Equitable’s Employee Benefits business. We are looking for someone with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills for enhancing our data architecture and data infrastructure to improve our ability to deliver timely reporting, forecasts, and key strategic insights to the business.
This person will also:
- Leverage extensive knowledge of relational databases to develop processes to automate BAU reporting efforts of the Employee Benefits organization.
- Help to drive the strategic thinking of senior management by delivering insights that may require in-depth analysis and personal initiative.
- Support the development of management dashboards to highlight key issues for the senior leadership team.
- Author discrete sections of packages and communications of results of analysis (often for senior leadership audience).
- Track and analyze the outcomes and impact of various initiatives post-implementation.
- Work across the division to identify data needed to analyze the business at a granular level, gathering available data through existing tools, including financial, customer/producer, operation, expense, and risk drivers of profitability.
- Assist with development of strategic roadmap, identifying opportunities to leverage data and technology to enhance customer relationships, retention, and acquisition.
- Partner with distribution, acquisition, and retention teams to assist with development of data strategy and automation of reporting capabilities
- Liaise with Finance, Operations, IT, Marketing, and other key sources of data to identify trends, risks and opportunities and provide clear, concise, and actionable insights.
- Technical Skills- 1 to 2 Years of Experience
- Excel: VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables
- SQL: SELECT, WHERE, JOIN, LEFT JOIN, GROUP BY, HAVING, Subqueries, Aggregation functions (SUM, MIN, MAX, AVG), CAST, COALESCE
- Professional Skills:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, which often requires the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong analysis skills, including comfort with setting up relational databases, querying, manipulating, and cleaning data sets
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly ability to translate complicated technical topics into clear, concise statements
- Ability to work independently, especially when sourcing data/information and when working on highly technical tasks
- Comfortable interacting with individuals across a wide range of seniority levels and business areas
- Self-starter with ability to think outside of the box to deliver solutions and solve business problems
- Technical Skills
- Excel: VBA or PowerQuery
- SQL: Window Functions (aka OVER clause), ROW_NUMBER, DENSE_RANK, LEAD, LAG, Common Table Expressions (aka WITH clause), EXISTS
- Professional Skills
- Experience with life insurance and annuity product analysis and/or business data analysis
- Basic understanding of database design patterns (3NF and Kimball Star Schema)
- Basic understanding of linear regressions
- Familiarity with the Agile manifesto and some of the different methodologies in the Agile ecosystem (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unix Philosophy and some of the other high level software engineering methodologies (SOLID principles, DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, etc.)
Business Data Analysis: Knowledge of business data analysis; ability to collect, identify, analyze and interpret business data using various kinds of techniques to meet business needs and requirements.
Cross-functional Collaboration: Knowledge of collaborative techniques and approaches; ability to promote a culture of continuous improvement and working together across functions to solve business problems and meet business goals.
Data Analysis Tools: Knowledge of key uses and benefits of data analysis tools; ability to utilize data analysis tools to identify factors influencing business performance and to gain greater insight into trends within a business, industry and customer base.
Data Gathering and Analysis: Knowledge of data gathering and analysis tools, techniques and processes; ability to gather and analyze data on the learning needs of a target population.
Design Thinking: Knowledge of concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.
Storytelling: Knowledge of concepts and ability to plan, create and present business proposals, initiatives and ideas by storytelling actual business scenarios that are situation-specific, engaging, memorable and persuasive as compared to one-way, fact-based presentations.
The base salary range for this position is $45,000-$66,000. Actual base salaries vary based on skills, experience, and geographical location. In addition to base pay, Equitable provides compensation to reward performance with base salary increases, spot bonuses, and short-term incentive compensation opportunities. Eligibility for these programs depends on level and functional area of responsibility.
For eligible employees, Equitable provides a full range of benefits. This includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off. For detailed descriptions of these benefits, please reference the link below.