December 5, 2023
About Our Company
Jazwares, a subsidiary of Alleghany Capital Corporation, is a leading global toy company, recently expanding into the costumes and pets category. Jazwares’ portfolio includes a variety of dynamic licensed and wholly owned brands. The Jazwares Game Studio further expands play opportunities for kids within the Metaverse. Jazwares celebrates 25 years of innovative play with expertise in design, development, and manufacturing. An award-winning company with a progressive focus on identifying new trends, Jazwares then transforms them into high-quality products for consumers of all ages.
Headquartered in Sunrise, FL, Jazwares has offices around the world and sells its products in more than 100 countries. Since its inception in 1997, Jazwares continues to grow through the development of new products and the strategic acquisitions of companies. For more information about Jazwares, please visit www.jazwares.com.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Lead Data Analyst is responsible for managing and executing the architecture of scalable and standardized data systems, process optimizations, and ensuring information accuracy to support business operations and requirements. The Data Lead Data Analyst must have excellent technical and organizational skills, especially in using data processing, visualization, and data storytelling strategies to provide insights to senior management and business leaders in support of decision-making efforts. Areas of focus include data modeling, transactional/dimensional analysis, and Business Intelligence & Analytics lifecycle management. Their duties include collaborating with other data professionals to profile the data and extract data figures, creating reports and visual stories based on their findings, as well as monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) to determine business initiatives’ success.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Leads the development and implementation of advanced analytics including process optimizations, prescriptive analytics, and architecting scalable solutions to solve business problems.
- Operate as a subject matter expert on functional areas, analysis methodology, and reporting metrics.
- Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, formulate, and complete end-to-end analysis that encompasses data gathering, analysis, and ongoing scaled deliverables.
- Use advanced SQL skills to provide data extracts as needed, as well as find useful information in transactional and dimensional data sources.
- Leverage advanced analytics functionalities (parameters, actions, lineage, etc) to create analytical solutions.
- Foster collaboration with team members to develop a supportive and engaged team.
- Support team design and Implementation of best practices for improving dashboard and reporting performance.
- Experience developing wireframes and mockups for dashboards and reports as part of a holistic BI Storytelling framework.
- Create workflow charts, and data flow diagrams to help the team assess the business impact of any changes or enhancements.
- Work with Leadership to prioritize business and information needs
- Work with executives and other business leaders to identify and define new process improvement opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education/ Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in computer science, computer information systems, or related field required
- Masters degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a data analyst, business data analyst, or business intelligence business analyst (BIBA)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, And Other Characteristics (KSAO’s)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & G-Suite
- Technical expertise in creating data models/designs from scratch.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at translating business requirements into business rules, developing advanced queries, report writing, data visualization, and presenting findings to enable data-driven decision-making (DDDM)
- Proven success contributing to technical Business Intelligence (BI) related projects
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and prioritization skills
- Able to contribute to the big picture, conceptualize outcomes, and identify trends
- Able to assist the department in developing and prioritizing BI initiatives
- Ability to lead, mentor, guide a team
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with diverse individuals at all organizational levels in a professional manner
- Experience in a global organization
- Multilingual a plus
What we offer
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, peer and market data, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. The successful candidate may also be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. Jazwares offers a full spectrum of benefits, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Sick Leave, Parental Leave and Vacation), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our employees