Edward Jones, a Fortune 500 firm, provides financial services in the U.S. and through its affiliate in Canada. The firm’s nearly 19,000 financial advisors serve more than 8 million clients with a total of $1.7 trillion in client assets under care. Edward Jones’ purpose is to partner for positive impact to improve the lives of its clients and colleagues, and together, better our communities and society.
Through the dedication of the firm’s 50,000 associates and our branch presence in 68 percent of U.S. counties, the firm is committed to helping more people achieve financially what is most important to them.
The Data Analyst Lead is responsible for proactively identifying impactful opportunities where analytics can inform the business and provide actionable insights to support business decisions and long-term strategy development.
- Proactively identify opportunities with medium to broad impact where analytics can inform the business. Provide actionable insights to support business decisions and long-term strategy development, primarily by performing root cause, exploratory, sensitivity and scenario analysis, hypothesis testing, economic modeling, regression, and data visualization to identify patterns/trends/insights etc. on ambiguous business problems
- Consult with business owners to understand the business problem. Able to independently identify the appropriate analytic approach to solve the problem. Lead others through analytic approach and leverage systems thinking to connect work to other strategic initiatives.
- Merge, cleanse and transform complex data from multiple sources as needed for analysis. Develop advanced logic to structure datasets for analysis.
- Understand and apply intermediate to advanced statistical concepts.
- Apply critical thinking to pressure test and validate logic and outputs against known sources and understanding of business. Proactively identify data quality issues and collaborate with other subject matter experts to identify solutions.
- Lead team to generate and incorporate insights into a cohesive story that clearly addresses business questions and influences decision making. Effectively lead the creation and communication of tailored messages to influence senior leaders regarding analytic ideas, approach, key takeaways and actionable insights.
- Serve as a technical and functional data subject matter expert across a wide range of areas and have a solid knowledge on data relationship and flows including product, client, marketing, compliance, branch, etc. Lead collaboration with IDM for data improvements and proactively identify data enhancements in conjunction with division data stewards.
- Educate senior and executive leaders across the firm on analytical concepts and best practices.
- Consult on data and analytic requirements for database development and system changes.
- Actively participate in industry and trade data and analytic communities in order to bring fresh ideas to the organization
$109,696/yr - $186,781/yr