December 4, 2023
About Our Company
Storyblocks is a rapid video creation platform that allows individuals and businesses to create better videos, fast enough to meet strategic objectives. Storyblocks exists so you don’t have to choose between creativity, output, & meeting your business goals.
Storyblocks is the complete content solution for creators and businesses alike, providing an unlimited library of high-quality royalty-free video, audio and images through cost-effective subscription plans. With unlimited downloads and worry-free licensing, you can build and iterate endlessly with full confidence.
Maker is our easy video editor that directly connects with the Storyblocks library, templates, animations and effects to simplify and streamline the video creation process, saving you valuable time.
Our new plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro allows video producers to create within their native editing tools faster than ever.
Storyblocks subscribers are able to download an unlimited number of clips from a vast and growing library of stock video, production music, motion backgrounds, sound effects, special effects, After Effects templates and have access to our easy-to-use video editor, Maker.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are searching for a Lead Data Analyst to join our Analytics team. As part of the Analytics team, our mission is clear: empower the organization with data-driven actions. We thrive in cross-functional mission teams, taking ownership of the entire analytics process, from exploration to impactful recommendations. We're proud of the valuable insights we provide and operate within the Data Group, which sits within the Engineering organization.
As the Lead Analyst for GTM (Go-To-Market) at StoryBlocks. You'll collaborate closely with our FP&A team to provide ongoing insights for both our Enterprise and SMB businesses. Additionally, you'll work across the entire company, influencing key strategic decisions and helping us lay the foundation for actionable business insights.
In our Enterprise Business, you'll partner with Marketing (Revenue Operations), Finance, Sales, and Customer Success to generate actionable insights for New and Renewal bookings. We're also involved in building scalable internal infrastructure while delivering insights for optimization.
For our SMB business, you'll team up with Marketing, Finance, and Product to analyze and diagnose performance, identifying areas for growth.
In this role, you'll serve as a trusted advisor to our go-to-market verticals and provide essential support to FP&A, handling analyses and ad-hoc requests. Join us in driving our company's data-driven success.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, and Finance for reporting and insights to drive top and bottom line targets, assist in planning, and perform ad hoc analyses.
- Develop expertise in subscription-based businesses and key SaaS metrics.
- Regularly report on Sales & Marketing efficiency, including LTV/CAC and payback period analyses.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to align financial forecasts and identify growth drivers.
- Analyze cohort-level performance to uncover growth opportunities.
- Benchmark growth and financial metrics against industry comparables.
- Design and deliver opportunity sizing analysis for SMB and Enterprise teams.
- Own and maintain weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance models and dashboards.
- Analyze data to identify trends, risks, and opportunities, presenting insights to stakeholders.
- Enhance FP&A forecast models with data-driven insights.
- Document datasets, processes, and core metrics for knowledge sharing.
- Lead self-service analytics for GTM, including stakeholder training and documentation.
- Investigate variances by sales channel, region, and customer segment to identify trends.
- Improve existing dashboards and processes, ensuring reliability and accuracy.
- Create new dashboards with horizon-based metric reporting.
- Utilize advanced analytics to identify growth opportunities and recommend actions.
- Support Revenue Operations in reconciling data across platforms for accuracy
What You Bring to the Table:
- BA/BS/MS degree, preferably in a quantitative field.
- 3-4 years of quantitative experience, ideally in Sales or GTM FP&A with a focus on SaaS metrics.
- Proven ability to independently generate actionable insights.
- Intermediate SQL skills.
- Extensive experience in building organization-wide dashboards and reports.
- Strong grasp of key business drivers and effective communication of financial implications.
- Cross-functional relationship-building experience in Sales, Marketing, and Finance.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, including to C-level leaders.
- Quick learner with a curiosity for new technical skills.
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets and Enterprise GTM tools (e.g., Salesforce, Hubspot).
- Proficiency in building dashboards and reports using BI tools like Looker, Tableau, etc. Experience with Mode and Salesforce data is a plus.
- Adaptability in fast-paced, ambiguous environments with short ad-hoc request turnaround times
What we offer
What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive and fair compensation: We believe in fair pay--equal pay for equal work. For each title, we consistently apply competitive salary bands based on market data and benchmarks which are reviewed twice a year. What you've been paid before, fear of conflict, or willingness to negotiate does not play a part in determining your pay.
The annual base salary range for this position is $168,000 - $188,000. Placement within the range is determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to: knowledge, skills, years & depth of experience, and equity with internal team members.
- 401(k) retirement plan: We offer both a Traditional and Roth 401(k) with a company match.
- Company-paid medical: Our medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- Paid parental leave: Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. We have a dedicated private space available to breast/chest feeding employees.
- Unlimited vacation: At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don't worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically, employees take about three or four weeks each year. Plus, two company-wide week breaks in July and December as well as numerous Fridays off throughout the year to take advantage of 3-day weekends.
- Workplace benefits and perks: Whether you work in our offices in Arlington, VA or anywhere else across the US, we have you covered. Fully stocked office kitchen? Check. Home office stipend for hybrid and remote workers? Check. Commuter stipend for office workers? Check. Company and team events? Check.
- Flexible work options: Much of our workflow is online, and for in office meetings, we have dedicated video-conferencing setups. As long as you deliver results, you are welcome to get your work done during unusual times when desired.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth: We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well. We also have a leadership coach, on staff, available to all employees to enhance your professional development.
- Employee perks: We help employees maintain work-life balance and honor their contributions to the organization by offering resources such as a financial wellness program, a subscription service that offers unlimited deliveries from thousands of eligible restaurants with $0 delivery, and a recognition and rewards program that celebrates their accomplishments.
- Casual Work Environment: Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).