February 22, 2024
About Our Company
As a part of TIAA’s Financial Solutions business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Lead Data Analyst reviews and approves complex analytics and statistical modeling on large data sets that identify current market sector trends and customer patterns. This job directs the examination and identification of data patterns and trends that help answer business questions and improve decision-making. The Lead Data Analyst oversees the collection of data sources, as well as the analysis and extraction of key data and information. This job also ensures that data quality meets the organization's information system needs and requirements.
Key Responsibilities And Duties
- Approves mathematical, statistical, and economic techniques that determine market conditions, project consumer needs and inform business initiatives.
- Analyzes and reviews trends found from modelling to inform other lines of business such as product development and marketing decisions.
- Oversees data mining models, statistical reporting and data analysis methodologies to identify key customer segments and to simulate impact of potential business decisions.
- Develops and presents detailed reports and conclusions for business, finance, and investment management based on data summaries.
- Partners with other areas of the business to model outcome of implementing potential business strategies.
- Manages large, complex projects or processes with limited oversight while working with other team members to ensure accurate findings and results.
- 5 years of experience in financial product management/financial analytics, and/or consulting
- 5 years of hands-on programming experience in SAS/Python/R and/or SQL stored procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, or related degree highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in designing and delivering insights using data analysis techniques highly preferred.
- Consulting background highly preferred.
- 7 years of experience with SAS, SQL, Python, SPSS and/or R
- 7 years of experience in financial product management/financial analytics/marketing, and/or consulting
- 7 years of experience in data analytics including extracting, validating and visualization of data
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Alteryx
- Experience with data preparation techniques for analytical use
What we offer
Base Pay Range: $98,800/yr. - $164,700/yr.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).