About Our Company
Every year, Genesys® orchestrates billions of remarkable customer experiences for organizations in more than 100 countries. Through the power of our cloud, digital and AI technologies, organizations can realize Experience as a Service®, our vision for empathetic customer experiences at scale. With Genesys, organizations have the power to deliver proactive, predictive, and hyper personalized experiences to deepen their customer connection across every marketing, sales, and service moment on any channel, while also improving employee productivity and engagement. By transforming back-office technology to a modern revenue velocity engine Genesys enables true intimacy at scale to foster customer trust and loyalty.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Principal Data Analyst will be an integral member of the Business Finance & Analytics team within Strategic Finance. The Strategic Finance team is chartered with defining and executing an enterprise Go-to-Market and Finance strategy. This includes reporting. process and implementation, data optimization, and content access/distribution in partnership with business and IT stakeholders. The Principal Data Analyst will contribute to our data-driven strategy and business management model.
We are currently seeking a Principal Data Analyst who has been successful in partnering with business partners to both translate their business needs into actionable deliverables for analytics, as well as educate the same internal partners on possible ways to fulfill their business needs leveraging data (proactive, predictive, and responsive). The successful candidate will help architect and engineer the foundational data layer that will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
- Design and implement the overall data architecture strategy, ensuring scalability, reliability, and performance of the data infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain data models, schemas, and data dictionaries to support efficient data storage, retrieval, and analysis.
- Cleanse, validate, and preprocess raw data to ensure data integrity and consistency.
- Apply appropriate data transformation techniques, such as aggregation, filtering, normalization, and feature engineering, to prepare data for analysis and reporting.
- Define and enforce data governance policies, standards, and best practices for data storage, access control, and data lifecycle management.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their data needs, provide data-driven insights, and contribute to data-driven strategies.
- Interprete customer and financial data, analyzing results using statistical techniques.
- Create data visualizations for management monitoring and decision-making.
- Architect and build a scalable and resilient foundational data layer that serves as the backbone of the organization's data ecosystem.
- Utilize Salesforce data to improve sales, marketing, and customer service operations.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with BI Analytic tools (Tableau, Power BI), database query languages (SQL, SOQL), programming (Python, R), and low/no-code options (Power Platform).
- Create and execute complex SQL queries to extract data and perform data manipulation.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to optimize data storage and retrieval processes, considering factors like data volume, access patterns, and performance requirements.
- Interpret data, analyze results using data visualization, and provide ongoing reports.
- Build and maintain dashboards using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Cloud to visualize data and create actionable insights.
- Analyze large data sets from various sources and provide insights to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Ability to follow and understand data requirements with minimal supervision.
- Conduct financial analysis to evaluate business performance and identify trends.
- Proven ability to complete deliverables on time.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data analysis, reporting, and visualization.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field required
- 4-5 years of experience in the full lifecycle of analytics using Enterprise Tools: Tableau, Power BI
- Strong proficiency in Salesforce, SQL, Python, and Tableau
- Experience with Snowflake, Amazon S3, and Databricks or other RDBMS required
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis and business strategy
- Agile development lifecycle experience a plus (Kanban or Scrum)
- SaaS or Software Industry experience required
- Experience in data quality and governance
- Aptitude for analytical thinking, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer
This role has a market-competitive salary with an anticipated base compensation range listed below. Actual salaries will vary depending on a candidate’s experience, qualifications, skills, and location. This role might also be eligible for a commission or performance-based bonus opportunities.
$95,550.00 - $198,450.00
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Fertility treatments