February 26, 2024
About Our Company
At Fidelity, our goal is to make financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We do this by focusing on a diverse set of customers: - from 23 million people investing their life savings, to 20,000 businesses managing their employee benefits to 10,000 advisors needing innovative technology to invest their clients’ money. We offer investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, and many other financial products.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We have an outstanding technology opportunity in the Data Analyst Chapter to deliver modern data solutions to the Fidelity Corporate Technology Group (CTG). As Principal Data Analyst you will co-lead the design and development of data services in support of the enterprise analytics platform.
We are looking for candidates with a bachelor’s degree and 6-8 years of related experience in data analysis, or data engineering, or a master’s degree and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
The Expertise And Skills You Bring
- You have expertise in translating business requirements into data solutions. You are skilled at effectively defining use cases and simplifying complex concepts.
- You have an excellent understanding of SQL or Python and can independently wrangle our datasets to obtain valuable insights.
- You have strong data analysis and data profiling skills and can define robust test scenarios.
- You apply data management and data modeling practices when building data solutions.
- You can define user stories and validate the impact of changes to datasets and data models. You can break up complex work into digestible work elements with applied knowledge of agile methodologies and practices. Familiarity with Jira / Jira Align is a big plus.
- You understand and communicate sophisticated concepts effectively to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical. You make the complicated simple.
- You have a passion for continuous learning, mastering of new skills, and keeping abreast of the latest innovations across data analytics.
- You have experience navigating integrated enterprise data and working across multi-functional teams. You can identify alternative approaches and make recommendations on the benefits and shortcomings of each approach.
- You are known as a go-getter, with the ability to unravel a mystery – data, business process or organizational.
- You are an effective communicator with a good ability to cultivate relationships. You have superb communication and presentation skills.
- Ideally, you have familiarity with enterprise data lakes and Cloud data platforms such as Snowflake.
- You should have experience in re-engineering application in newer technology
- Worked closely with business partners to understand requirement and analyze data to write requirement/user stories for developers
- Knowledge of Actimize is plus.
- Domain knowledge of Compliance & Trade Surveillance is plus.
What we offer
Salary range: $107,000 - $143,000 per year
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.