Kapsuun Group, (KG) LLC is a Small Disadvantaged Business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Chenega Corporation and part of the Military, Intelligence and Operations Support (MIOS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU). Able to leverage the shared services provided by MIOS, we afford our customers the stability and support of a large business while maintaining the agility and rates of a small business.This is an uncommon capability that few small businesses possess or can afford and one that greatly enhances KG’s ability to manage the most complex and technically challenging contract offerings.
Kapsuun Group (KG) provides federal agencies and the DoD with a customer-focused partner that has quickly become one of the established industry leaders in software engineering and intelligence operations. Mission success and customer satisfaction are our highest priorities.
In this important role, you will be supporting the Naval Safety Command’s Risk Management Information (RMI) development and sustainment. RMI is the Navy's strategy,endorsed by the Assistant SECNAV for Energy,Installations, and Environment, for a single Program ofRecord for Safety to improve the quality and accessibilityof risk management information associated with Navalsafety management. The initiative will consolidate safety systems, make it easier to reportmishaps, and provide authoritative data to help improve safety conditions.RMI will improve readiness by providing personnel with an enterprise view ofinformation necessary to focus on total loss prevention and control. RMI willturn data into actionable information, enabling all personnel to betterunderstand the hazards and risks associated with their operations andprocesses. RMI is a cloud-based, multi-service application that supports the US Navy, US Marines, US Airforce, and US Army.
The Senior Data Analyst will work in close collaboration with our stakeholders to support the data and reporting needs for the development of the Navy’s Risk Management Information (RMI) System. The incumbent will be a key contributor to analyzing data from legacy systems to be integrated into the RMI system. The Senior Data Analyst will review complex sets of data and will develop data mapping, and business rules and develop SQL script documents based on their analysis to transfer legacy data into the new system. The Senior Data Analyst will support the deployment of new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy, and operations under limited supervision.
As a Senior Data Analyst within our Naval Safety Command’s Risk Management Information (RMI)team, you will:
- Work closely with stakeholders, DBAs, testers, and developers to identify and solve data issues, design solutions, develop conceptual models, map functional requirements into technical requirements, and support the design and implementation of conversions and interfaces throughout the lifecycle of system development and sustainment.
- Develop logical and physical model design, source-to-target mapping, use cases, and other development processes and artifacts.
- Identify data subject areas, entities, attributes, relationships, information types, and domains.
- Perform code reviews, data model reviews, and testing.
- Establish standards and best practices.
- Update and maintain metadata repositories and dictionaries.
- Work within a daily Agile/Scrum process for sprints across projects and operations.
- Responsible for promoting an understanding of data integrity and methodology.
- Identify, document, and recommend solutions for poor-quality data.
- Define, maintain, and enforce data architecture definitions and standards.
- Recommend optimum approach and advise on alternatives and the implications of new or revised data processing systems.
- Work with Functional Leads, Team Leads, and ETL Developers to communicate business and technical requirements clearly and effectively.
- Utilize the Alteryx, Toad Data Point, Access, SQL Developer software, and/or other tools needed to manipulate data.
- Write and optimize in-application, simple to complex, SQL, and SQL statements as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required OR
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 5+ years of related experience instead of a degree are required
- Must be proficient in the SQL language
- Active T3 Investigation/Secret clearance
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Alteryx Advanced Designer certification is highly desired or working experience with Alteryx software.
- 5+ years of military experience in the Navy Safety and Occupational Health field preferred but not required.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the Alteryx software are required.
- Experience with data mapping for integration of legacy and interface data.
- Experience with data analysis, data mining, data cleansing, modeling, metrics analysis, performance measures, and research.
- Experience with aggregating and analyzing performance measure data collected from various sources.
- Experience with identification, research, and resolving discrepancies in analytical procedures or cross-functional methods.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies, in particular the test process associated with Agile development programs.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, creatively, and analytically.
- Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) data analysis/library products to support automated test tool development.
- Ability to design, re-design, document, administer, and fine-tune database environments.
- Ability to create and maintain data standards, lineage, and attribute mapping from various data sources, as well as various formats.
- Skilled in the integration of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products and legacy DoD systems as part of an integrated information system, including the organization and execution of large-scale test and evaluation events.
- Experience with ETL development software, cloud architectures, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle, Java, Toad Data Point, Microsoft Access, SQL Developer, and SQL.
- Must be very proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to determine database structural requirements by analyzing functional requirements, client business operations information, and evaluating existing systems or applications.
- Must be well organized.
- Must be an effective communicator at multiple levels with the ability to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications.
- Must be capable of quickly learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks.
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contract manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to speak effectively before groups of internal and/or external customers or employees.
- Travel < 10% of the time (CONUS).
How you’ll grow
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.