The strength of Cardinal is rooted in our identity. We know who we are – we are a culture-based company that attracts top talent, strives for excellence through team performance, and allows the percolation of the best ideas throughout the organization as a means of constant improvement in and throughout our businesses. We launch new opportunistic ventures in synergistic and complementary sectors. Our culture and our commitment to excellence have built a strong-and-valuable reputation in the labor, client, and equity markets.
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for identifying and providing insights across Cardinal Group Companies. This includes leading business critical data analytics projects, driving analytics best practices, and supporting the business in continuous improvement and strategic growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to):
- Partner with business leaders to identify specific questions and problems to analyze data. Includes identifying key data points and iterating with business and SMEs throughout analysis process
- Conduct analysis to identify leading indicators and actionable metrics that will move the needle on KPIs
- Interact with stakeholders to identify critical questions to be answered in order to provide effective KPIs -- actionable insights, rather than just reports
- Synthesize results in a non-technical manner to inform recommendations and suggest next steps for the business
- Ability to rapidly synthesize data and model results into insights & recommendations (i.e., taking the "What" and defining the "So What" and "Now What")
- Utilize multiple computational languages, platforms, and environments to mine and manage data in preparation for analysis and/or reporting
- Lead collaboration with SMEs and business partners to identify if requests are best suited to deeper analysis or operational reporting. Includes recommending a roadmap for moving from analysis to insights operationalization, and leading execution of the roadmap
- Translate business goals into analytical frameworks and models, and act as a thought leader to provide insights, recommendations, and actionable data
- Build highly-quality dashboards and reports based on analysis results, deep understanding of business and how team members need to use data in each role
- Build and maintain dashboards based on style guides, and keep content organized. Less is more!
- Drive sustainable, repeatable processes and guide stakeholders in best practices to minimize manual processes
- Test and verify new data sources and data models
- Test new dashboards and data models to ensure accuracy and alignment with business practices
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience in finance, operations and systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Passion for generating actionable insights through data mining and modeling, and a knack for answering challenging questions and conveying data stories
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Domo, PowerBI or Tableau
- Fluency in data analysis tools such as SQL, Python, and/or R. Proven ability to learn programming languages also considered
- Solid grasp of statistical concepts and proven ability to apply statistical concepts to solving business problems
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to continuously improving analytics skill sets
- Strong understanding of database and data warehousing concepts
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts and analysis results to non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to handle multiple demands and competing deadlines
- Experience in analytics, segmentation, forecasting, data management, data mining, and data manipulation
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in building consensus and developing sustainable solutions
- Ability to work independently while also recognizing when help or additional expertise is needed
- Excellent time management and organization skills as well as a professional attitude
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and prioritize
- Must have excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box
- Professional written and verbal communication as well as great interpersonal skills required
- Customer service focused (i.e., generating accurate and timely results and effectively communicating to team members, co-workers and management)
- Ability to embody the Cardinal Culture and Cardinal’s Core Values every day
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Incumbents primarily work in an office environment but may also have frequent exposure to outside of apartment buildings and in all areas of the property including amenities and have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and climb, stoop, or squat. The Team Member is often required to sit. The Team Member must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver office products and supplies of up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Routine local travel is required to attend training classes, client visits, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Overnight travel required to attend company functions, training, property visits, and other situations necessary for the accomplishment of special projects that may be assigned from time to time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their Team Leader.
Pursuant to applicable regulations, if this job is performed in Colorado, the salary range is $85,000-$115,000 plus bonus potential.
Eligible to participate in the company benefits plan.
We offer health, vision, dental, and pet insurance. We offer a 401(k) retirement plan, student loan assistance, licensing and continuing education reimbursement, parental leave, and housing allowances or gifts.