February 22, 2024
About Our Company
Wonderstorm is a double-threat multimedia startup dedicated to creating timeless entertainment franchises anchored by rich stories and engaging video games that connect and inspire audiences around the world.
Our first franchise, The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. The Emmy® Award-winning series is currently streaming its fourth season, with three additional seasons in production. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is also under development by the same creative team.
As a studio, we believe that the stories and games we’re building have the power to bring people together in truly meaningful ways, and we’re looking for more visionaries with diverse perspectives and backgrounds to join our ranks.
If you love the idea of working on a small team committed to making a big difference and are passionate about crafting entertainment experiences that will last for generations, we hope to hear from you!
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to power level our insight capabilities, and help us make the right decisions for product and player. You will work hand-in-hand with development and publishing teams to analyze and interpret data, provide insightful reporting, and advise and guide product direction. You will build our analytical foundation, identify events to track and establish our data and reporting pipeline. Most importantly you are someone who is naturally curious and constantly seeks to use data to help deliver awesome player experiences!
- Establish the data pipeline and reporting layer for game and business analytics
- Partner with game developers to inform, monitor, and assess the impact of design decisions
- Apply quantitative analysis to understand player behavior and provide recommendations that drive player satisfaction and engagement
- Proactively analyze trends to surface underlying insights that can be used to bring forth and shape strategic discussions around design, monetization, and marketing
- Monitor and analyze the player lifecycle end-to-end, from initial acquisition to long-term engagement
- Collaborate with data engineers to architect, build, and optimize our data pipeline to be performant and ensure high data quality
- Constantly seek to use data to make us smarter, and the game experience better
- Player-centric and focus on finding solutions that put the player experience first
- Incredibly collaborative and listen first to understand the goals and perspectives of the team, and how data can be best applied to address their needs
- Informed but not driven by data-you are a strategic thinker able to fully contextualize other factors and variables that go into making a decision
- An expert data storyteller, able to effectively present the narrative in the data and translate complicated analysis into clear, actionable recommendations
- Able to assess and prioritize the impact of analytical requests and analyses
- Insatiably curious and want to find all the answers to all the things!
- 5+ years working as a data analyst or similar role
- Proficient in R or Python
- Proficient in SQL
- Fluent in the data analysis workflow, applied statistics, and understanding biases
- Experience in building data tools and creating insightful visualizations
- Experience in machine learning techniques and statistical modeling
- Experience in the video game industry on a live services game
- Knowledge of modern data processing tools, cloud providers, and their tools
- Deep knowledge of and/or love for The Dragon Prince franchise
What we offer
The annual base pay range for this position in Los Angeles, California is $100,000 USD - $160,000 USD. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and overall experience. In addition to base pay, all full-time positions will receive equity, flexible PTO, unlimited sick leave, parental leave, a full range of medical, dental, and vision insurance, and relocation support as part of the overall compensation package.