December 7, 2023
About Our Company
Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe and the Americas. At Docker, we simplify the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. Docker helps developers bring their ideas to reality by conquering the complexity of app development. We simplify and accelerate workflows with an integrated development pipeline and application components. Actively used by millions of developers around the world, Docker Desktop and Docker Hub provide unmatched simplicity, agility and choice.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This is a Remote role, which can be done from the United States or Europe.
In this role, you'll help design and implement data models that support mission-critical reporting and analysis. You will partner with data engineers, analysts, product managers, UX researchers, and subject matter experts to deliver impactful reporting and analytics using tools such as Snowflake, Looker, Segment, and dbt. You will participate in high-visibility projects and directly influence product development and process optimization, building out self-serve analytic capabilities in areas such as product usage, active users, and cohort analysis. You’ll also help the team analyze market opportunities. As the company grows, you will establish and promote data standards, best practices and help train and onboard new team members.
- Design, build and automate business metrics into self-serve dashboards via Looker
- Collaborate with product managers and analysts throughout the company to deliver reliable reports, transformed data sets, and self-serve dashboards that power actionable insights
- Create and maintain documentation for data sources including data dictionaries, common business data language, data nuances, and tracking aggregate tables.
- Present data insights and deliver presentations with the goal of educating and championing a data informed culture.
- Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis to see beyond the numbers and provide actionable insights
- Conducting exploratory data analysis including hypothesis testing, statistical inference and statistical analysis
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards and metrics, in addition to monitoring the integrity and validity of the data reported.
What to expect in the first 30 days:
- Onboard and meet the Ecosystems Business Unit teams, attend team meetings and start building a mental model of Docker’s business model current business/analytics opportunities
- Get up to speed on our data stack, pipelines and data/financial models, dashboards and key metrics
What to expect in the first 90 days:
- Contribute meaningfully to the BU by taking full ownership of Ecosystem Business Unit’s reporting deliverables
- Drive and deliver product insights on current and future products and ad-hoc projects and analysis
- Recommend opportunities for continuous improvement across the Ecosystem Business Unit and broader Data teams at Docker
- Partner with our UX research team to provide insights from Docker users
What to expect in the first year:
- Play a pivotal role in Docker’s future growth, building the foundation to enable world-class product analytics and insights as we scale. The true opportunity of this role goes beyond just what you’ll solve for at Docker, we are leveraging the modern data stack to prescribe world-class solutions for the product analytics challenges all high-growth software companies are facing.
- 3+ years of experience in a data analytics related role
- Experience working with a Data Warehouse platform (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, AWS Athena, or Spectrum).
- Ability to write, improve, and troubleshoot complex SQL queries
- Analytical background and experience in querying and transforming data to compute metrics and conduct a variety of analyses to inform decisions
- Experience working in Python or R to perform statistical analysis
- Experience building dashboards in a modern business intelligence tool (e.g. Looker, Tableau, or PowerBI)
- You can explain complex ideas simply.
- You have effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
What we offer
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Variety of virtual and in-person social events to build connections and have fun
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- Generous maternity and parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Whaleness Days: companywide day off each month
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Stock Options; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
CA/NY/ Boulder, CO & Denver, CO - 145,000 - 196,000
CO - 140,000 - 189,000
- Salary range can change depending on level.
EU Salary Range
65,000 EUR - 100,000 EUR (salary range can change if hired in at a different level)
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.