Over 50 Million people worldwide have chosen Aflac because of our commitment to providing customers with the confidence that comes from knowing they have assistance in being prepared for whatever life may bring.
With Aflac, whether you're a large business or a small one, you can provide your employees with the kind of benefits they’d expect from a bigger company, helping your business stand out from the crowd. Hundreds of thousands of businesses across the United States already make Aflac available to their employees—at no direct cost to their company.
Choose from a wide range of products that can help your employees with health events—from accidents, to disability, to cancer, to life insurance. Your employees enjoy benefits from Aflac, all employee-paid.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques, and provides ongoing reports
- Identifies valuable data sources and automates collection processes
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintains databases/data systems
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Builds predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combines models through ensemble modeling
- Presents information using data visualization techniques to customers and discusses trends
- Proposes solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Assists with program analysis to decipher trends that can be converted to value adds for customer retention and sales
- Performs other related duties as required
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid or remote.
- If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree In Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or Equivalent experience
- At least 5 or more years data analysis experience.
- Leave, Absence, Disability industry experience is HIGHLY PREFERRED
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $160,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you'll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.