December 2, 2023
About Our Company
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guides us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Responsible for maintaining, creating, and development of financial Power BI dashboards and analysis reports. Reporting to the Finance Business Intelligence and Analytics (FBIA) Director, this role is accountable for analyzing financial data and producing insightful visualizations that will drive informed business decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with of design and development of financial analytics, metrics and BI solutions ensuring the proper tool is used (PowerBI, SAP Analysis for Office, SAP Analytics Cloud)
- Assist the development and implementation of Global financial dashboards, analytics, and KPIs that support financial planning, forecasting, and management reporting.
- Understanding of standard financial metrics and ability to capture and calculate KPI’s/Metrics and understand how to deliver results to end-users
- Partners with IT to facilitate successful implementations of minimum viable products (MVP)
- Supports Director with performance measurement, reporting, trends, and KPIs
- Understands conceptual, logical, and data models critical to support analytic data requirements
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of all models created in AFO and BI solutions
- Ensures compliance with internal and external financial policies, controls, processes, and regulations
- Data Profiling, mining, and data validation to ensure data is fit for use by the business
- Ability to see big picture and then identify key areas for deep analysis to support sound solutions
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear and user-friendly manner
- Perform testing, resolve issues and work with developers to automate testing/data validation
- Assist with requirements workshops and User Acceptance Testing for new data and analytics solutions
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree
- 5-7 years of experience with Data Visualizations tools such as Power BI, SSRS, or Tableau
- Ability to translate requirements to well-written user stories to bridge the gap between business and technology
- Experience with SAP, SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) or Analysis for Office (AFO) a plus
- Strong business mindset with ability to collaborate with business partners to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Language: Fluency in writing and speaking in English
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Travel: possibly 1x year
What we offer
The pay range for this position is $90,000 to $115,000. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, and location.