Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng. Panda currently operates in over 2,000 locations and we continue to grow more than 100 new units annually.
Founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng are deeply committed to being the world leader in people development, providing growth opportunities for associates professionally and personally at every level.
Panda Restaurant Group fosters a genuine family environment with community-building activities including Panda Cares charitable events and athletic pursuits that range from team triathlons to fun runs and Dragon Boat races.
The Senior Data Analyst position, working under minimal supervision, is responsible for supporting the company’s overall data strategy by working with other business units to develop periodic reporting, metrics, and measurements to determine business success. This position helps drive best practice methodologies for analytics and modeling by optimizing existing models and creating new ones as needed. The Senior Data Analyst works with cross-functional business teams and technology teams to design and implement analytics and reporting solutions that meet defined business needs and contribute to the Analytics Center of Excellence (COE). This position trains and mentors Finance associates and COE Business Analysts on analytics, reporting, and automation using PowerBI.
You’ll get a chance to:
- Work under minimal supervision, work with and train other business units to develop periodic and quarterly reporting, metrics and measurements, as well as ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Partner with business unit analysts to develop analytical capabilities and new models to support business analysis.
- Use advanced data discovery and data mining tools to reveal relationships and trends in the data concerning business performance, including sales forecasting.
- Provide PowerBI data source creation and report/dashboard development as well as assists in dashboard design.
- Convert data to actionable insights and leverages data visualization tools to effectively present these insights in various graphic formats.
- Train and mentor Finance associates and COE Business Analysts on analytics, reporting, and automation using PowerBI.
- Conduct ad hoc reporting to support evolving business needs and data requests.
- Work closely with business partners to help identify opportunities to improve overall reporting and analytics capability.
Your background & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics or related business field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in data analysis, analytics, statistics, data science or related field, with three years of experience on large, complex data sets
- Successful completion of annual store training
- If hired, must provide proof of full vaccination on start date, unless prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Full vaccination means two weeks or more have passed after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series, or more than two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine. Examples of proof of full vaccination include an original, photocopied, or digital completed vaccination card that includes name, type of vaccine provided, and date of last dose administered.