December 7, 2023
About Our Company
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide personalized guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions.
Job Description & Responsibilities
At LPL Financial we consider it our mission to take care of our advisors so they can take care of their client. Joining as Senior Business/Data Analyst, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the sustainable, scalable products and capabilities that support our advisors to deliver world-class services for their investors.
- Understand the business needs of the users; document the analysis using business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, tasks, and workflow.
- Generate requirements from users; use advanced problem-solving techniques (both diagnostic and prognostic) to analyze the problem and generate requirements with the users and document those.
- Schedule and lead design discussions with Architecture, Infrastructure, and different Technical teams of all levels throughout the company including executives
- Innovate an out-of-the-box solution that leverages the holistic knowledge of a variety of use cases.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and developers to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Perform query and reporting analysis; document data sources and mappings to support reporting and other data requirements
- Be a liaison between the Business Users, Application development team, Architecture and other technology teams (infrastructure, info security etc.), and project and relationship managers
- Manage and ensure requirements are met not only through the entire SDLC process by participating in design discussions, QA, UAT, and deployment, but also in all aspects of regulatory requirements
- Work with the project team to translate Business requirements into a solution, help the team for Technical design documentation, and analyze tradeoffs between effort and return on value. Socialize these tradeoffs with the project team and stakeholders
- Actively work to resolve issues with users when requirements clarification is needed or to facilitate sign-off on test cases
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 7 years of experience functioning as a business analyst within a mid to large organization
- 4+ years of experience writing epics stories, and tasks in Agile (Scrum is preferred) using JIRA and Waterfall project approaches.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL queries, hands-on in SQL knowledge report writing and presenting findings
- 2+ years of working with JIRA, TFS, HPQC, Aha! and similar other project management tools
- 1+ years of experience in data structures, data modeling, db schema is required. Knowledge of technologies including API, XML, and web application concepts.
- Detail-oriented and critical thinker. Engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Comfortable working independently, adapting to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines in a fast-paced environment and demonstrating leadership skills.
- Keen attention to detail and complex problem-solving abilities from operational and technical perspectives
- Expert written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Good Product acumen, can easily fit into product owner’s role to deliver the product, must have worked on building/integrating products on various Fintech platforms
- 4+ years of writing user stories.
- 2+ years of writing SQL queries with simple joins
- Wealth Management Experience or Investment Asset Management experience preferred or Financial Industry experience
- Expert understanding of the broker-dealer business model, various financial asset classes, various industry-standard applications and tools used by financial advisors
What we offer
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more.