February 22, 2024
About Our Company
Sisense embeds analytics seamlessly into any workflow. From retail to life sciences to manufacturing, our solutions power customer experiences by increasing user adoption and supporting smart, quick business moves. With Sisense, business leaders can better understand their world and gain the necessary knowledge to take action in it.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will help drive the strategic analytics journey of the business by executing on a pipeline of strategic business analytics. You will serve as the point of contact for our internal business partners to identify where analytics can be applied to drive better business outcomes,
This will involve:
- Partnering with stakeholders in GTM, Business Operations, Product and Finance to identify and prioritize proper advanced analytics use cases.
- Recommending and executing analytics projects - ranging from descriptive statistical methods to more sophisticated predictive and AutoML approaches.
- Quantifying and easily communicating the drivers of business performance to senior leaders. Advising them on ways to change outcomes through analytics best practices.
We're looking for a passionate analyst who is comfortable with analytics, someone who understands how to use large data sets to solve real-world business problems. Someone who thrives on providing technical expertise to quickly deliver insights to the business. We view this role as a trusted advisor to our internal business partners to help them make decisions around strategy, priorities, and tactics.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
Our team's mission is to be the source of actionable strategic intelligence for Sisense. The team partners with business leaders and users to add value through data, make data-informed decisions, discover insights, and share knowledge. Our company and product are focused around serving you. Being on the data team means you get early access to cutting edge technology & are a north star for data teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
- Own the delivery for ad-hoc and strategic analytics projects driving company-wide outcomes to increase revenue, reduce churn, improve the customer experience and optimize customer acquisition strategies.
- Prepare data sets in support of analysis and statistical modeling studies. Build, test, and validate statistical models through AutoML platforms and cloud data solutions. Prepare and publish results of analysis. Easily communicate complex topics in simple terms to executive and senior leadership.
- Serve as an expert technical resource for our internal business partners. Guide our business partners towards the right analytics solutions for their complex business questions. Work with internal business partners to consult and deliver on all ad-hoc data and analytics requests.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve efficiency and deliver increasing value to the organization. Collaborate with leadership and end users to identify needs and opportunities for the application of analytics use cases to their business.
HOW YOU'LL RAMP:
By Day 30
- Learn the fundamentals of the business — our business critical dashboards, basic KPIs, workflows, and business systems and data structures
- Get to know other stakeholders in Product, GTM, Finance and Business Operations
- Start to explore the first strategic use case and develop an initial set of analytics capabilities
By Day 60
- Develop your first statistical model and have begun to integrate your findings into systems, BI solutions, critical business workflows, etc.
- Be familiar with our current data warehouse and data models, know where to find business critical data and provide requirements to the data engineering team to automate your first model.
- Lead regular meetings with your manager and business stakeholders to provide updates on the analytics roadmap.
By Day 90
- Reach a high level of proficiency with the Sisense data architecture and analytics platforms.
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations for strategic analytics use cases, creating requirements for the engineering team and developing automated solutions to operationalize your analytics.
- Begin executing on a plan for delivering a roadmap of strategic analytics to the business in 2024, working increasingly more independently in partnership with key business stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'VE ACCOMPLISHED...SO FAR:
- You have worked in a start-up or tech company and are familiar with the affiliated tech stack - Snowflake, dbt, Sisense Fusion, Salesforce, Gainsight, Sagemaker or any AutoML platform such as Dataiku, RapidMiner, etc.
- You have superior analytical, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills with a passion for digging deeper and proactively discovering root causes
- You have the ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization.
- You have demonstrated an ability to understand business drivers, collaborate with leaders, and diagnose business problems that can be addressed through data and analytics.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to learn on the fly. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
- You work with a high sense of urgency and rigorous attention to detail.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You have a high level of proficiency with BI tools, SQL, data modeling, data visualization, statistical analysis and AutoML platforms. You are comfortable with R and Python for statistical analysis.
What we offer
CO Posting: The base pay range for candidates located in Colorado is $130,000-$150,000 (/yr). The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to market location, internal equity, job-related knowledge, experience and training, education, skill sets, and other business and organizational needs. A bonus, equity, commissions, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity. The disclosed salary range represents an estimate of the base compensation for candidates who can or will be located in Colorado. This range may vary with respect to candidates whose primary work location is outside those jurisdictions.
NYC and CA Posting: The base pay range for candidates located in New York City and California is $130,000-$150,000 (/yr). The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to market location, internal equity, job-related knowledge, experience and training, education, skill sets, and other business and organizational needs.The disclosed salary range represents an estimate of the base compensation for candidates who can or will be located in New York City or California. This range may vary with respect to candidates whose primary work location is outside those jurisdictions.