December 7, 2023
About Our Company
Narrator powers self-service analytics across all your data. It allows anyone to get answers in minutes instead of weeks, using the same data as your data team. Narrator helps your data team build a full customer 360 that covers every interaction customers have with your business (opened emails, paid invoices, new support tickets, etc...), which provides the foundation for a comprehensive self-service experience for your company. Anyone can answer quick questions and self-serve requests across all your data without needing SQL and then integrate that data with your existing tools (spreadsheets, BI, and SaaS tools like email providers).
Job Description & Responsibilities
We're seeking an enthusiastic Senior Data Analyst who is passionate about data, user experience, and education. As a Senior Data Analyst at Narrator, you'll have the unique opportunity to work closely with our senior team, driving strategy while actively contributing to the suite of data solutions within the platform.
- Develop templated analyses and reports available within the Narrator platform.
- Utilize your SQL expertise to instrument data models for strategic customers.
- Contribute to technical documentation, create tutorials for new users, and identify areas for improved user understanding.
- Provide valuable feedback to product and engineering teams.
- Contribute to data-centric blogs and engage with the broader data community.
- Harness internal data on user behavior to justify decisions, share insights, and track progress.
Who You Are
- Comfortable thriving in a fast-paced startup environment, ready to dive in when needed.
- A proficient communicator who excels independently and collaboratively in a remote setting.
- Empathetic to data users' unique challenges, capable of distilling user feedback and sharing insights to enhance the product.
- Eager to expand data skills beyond analysis, embracing the interconnectedness of analysis and data engineering.
- Passionate about education and knowledge sharing, making you the go-to expert for users on best practices and technical topics.
- At ease in a client-facing role, adept at managing expectations and gathering requirements during strategic implementations.
- Over 4 years of experience in data analysis, data science, or related roles, preferably within a startup or technology environment.
- Proficient in SQL with a strong foundation in statistics.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills, supported by a solid statistics background.
- Experience analyzing common business-related data questions, including LTV analysis, retention analysis, conversion rate optimization, customer segmentation, and more.
- Comfortable debugging and resolving issues related to data pipelines, SQL syntax, and processing errors.
- Bonus: Familiarity with common data stacks (AWS Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Fivetran, Segment, dbt, Tableau, Looker, Metabase).
What we offer
$119,500/yr - $170,525/yr