December 6, 2023
About Our Company
John Hancock is a company built on trust and integrity. Throughout our rich history which spans 160 years, we have remained true to the ideals on which our company was built, while also encouraging fresh insights and new ways of thinking. Whether it’s helping our clients plan for their financial future, helping local communities grow stronger, or helping our employees chart a course for their careers, we’re committed to offering help every step of the way. Because for us – a promise made, is a promise kept.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Risk Data Analyst will report directly to the Liquidity Risk Oversight Director. The position is responsible for supporting both the Liquidity Risk Management Program (“LRMP”) and the Derivatives Risk Management Program (“DRMP”). This includes monitoring and maintenance of the liquidity and derivatives management assumptions, daily results, and continuous improvement of data quality. The position is also responsible for conducting data analysis, the development and design of business intelligence reporting solutions focused on evaluating and identifying risk issues for the LRMP and DRMP as well as our internal business partners.
- On a daily basis monitor and review both the liquidity/derivatives risk reports and metrics and when applicable, identify, research, and resolve or escalate any exceedances or outliers.
- Spearhead the design and develop LRMP/DRMP business intelligence reporting solutions (reports, dashboards, alerts, and notifications) as well as their accompanying technology requirements.
- As part of the Liquidity and Derivatives Program Oversight team, work with internal business partners to identify and investigate daily/monthly data reconciliation exceptions to determine root cause and to develop an appropriate course of action to resolve or escalate (when necessary) in a timely manner.
- Lead the continuous improvement effort for LRMP/DRMP data quality and automated internal reporting through detailed review and analysis of trends and findings.
- Assist in coordinating any internal audit and regulatory exams; lead issue self-identification efforts and promote a culture of risk excellence.
- The person hired will be expected to work seamlessly both within the Liquidity and Derivatives Program Oversight department as well as part of a cross-departmental group responsible for these programs including IT, Global Product Investment Risk, Manager Oversight, Data Management, and the Chief Compliance Office as well as our external Sub Advisors to identify and resolve data issues on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus 5+ years of relevant experience
- CFA designation or work toward attaining CFA is preferred
- Excellent technical, analytical & problem-solving skills required to identify issues in large data sets and determine solutions to resolve in a timely manner
- Requires a deep understanding of the financial instruments employed in JHI’s investment products and the liquidity and derivatives risks inherent in them.
- Experience with SQL queries, Microsoft Access, and developing interactive dashboards and reports using visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau required
- Comprehensive knowledge of Mutual Funds, Investments, systems architectures, and data analysis required
- Ability to work independently and set priorities with only high-level direction
- Ability to prioritize own workload
- Strong analytical, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Manage daily tasks and deadlines
- Provide feedback and collaborate on ideas across all interactions to make the liquidity classifications and reporting processes more efficient
- Represent LRMP and DRMP (as required) in IT SCRUMs to ensure development is in-line with agreed upon business specifications and timelines
What we offer
Salary & Benefits
The annual base salary for this role in the primary location of Boston, Massachusetts is expected to be between $84,000.00 USD - $151,200.00 USD.