December 4, 2023
About Our Company
Intuitive (Nasdaq: ISRG), headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., is a global technology leader in minimally invasive care and the pioneer of robotic-assisted surgery. At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
Intuitive brings more than two decades of leadership in robotic-assisted surgical technology and solutions to its offerings, and develops, manufactures, and markets the da Vinci surgical system and the Ion endoluminal system.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Sr. Data Analyst will work with a group of talented and dedicated people focused on the development and integration of fiber optic shape sensing in medical robotics. This position's primary focus will be to perform research and create data pathways helping manufacturing processes and driving design and performance of current and next generation robotic surgery platforms.
For this role, you should have excellent evaluating skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to communicate clearly and present information to stakeholders at all levels of the business. The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment, be able to initiate and drive new data research and development directions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Investigate issues to root cause, know and explain trends/shifts in data
- Proactively mine data to identify trends and patterns and generate insights for engineering and leadership
- Partner with Manufacturing, Field Service, and various engineering teams for cross domain analytics.
- Create and automate powerful yet digestible visualizations to enable unaided consumption by leadership and technical staff.
- Interact with software teams to know about how information is logged and provide feedback for future software changes
- Work with data teams across the organization to ensure the right data is available to answer questions and monitor operations
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, or other quantitative field
- Medical robotics and fiber optic shape sensing have unique characteristics that will require immersion in clinical, manufacturing, and technical training and you must come up to speed quickly - an interest and desire to learn are critical
- 2 years of experience with a high level programming language (e.g. C++, Python, Java)
- 3+ years of using and demonstrated data to think analytically and use sound judgment; capability to build solutions and solve problems while displaying excellent critical thinking.
- Proven ability using data to generate insight, tell stories, and drive business results
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline
- Experience in Medical Devices
- Experience with NI Labview
- Working knowledge of database technologies (e.g. ODBC, Access, SQL)
- Expertise with any type of data visualization tools (like Tableau)
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Scripting ability - PowerShell, Python, Bash etc
- Excellent communication (written, verbal), presentation and documentation skill
What we offer
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range
Region 1:$163,600 - $235,400
Base Salary Range Region 2: $139,100 - $200,100