December 2, 2023
About Our Company
White Cap is a one-stop-shop providing concrete accessories and chemicals, tools and equipment, building materials and fasteners, erosion and waterproofing and safety products to professional contractors.
From hard-to-find products to technical expertise to jobsite training, White Cap supports professional contractors in non-residential, residential and infrastructure end markets with everything they need to keep their projects moving on time, on budget, and as safely as possible.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Gathers and analyzes internal customer business requirements. Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes, and recommendations related to proposed solutions. Integrates and communicates fairly complex information within specialization. Develops functional specifications and system design specifications for client engagements.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, And Key Accountabilities
- Leads the delivery of project initiatives within the framework of larger projects by helping Project Managers facilitate meetings with project stakeholders. Develops work breakdown structures and assists Project Managers in developing, analyzing, and managing project plans, schedules, and resource forecasts. Monitors financial aspects for assigned project initiatives and project performance against plan and makes adjustments as needed. Identifies and escalates issues and participates in the request for information and vendor request for proposal processes.
- Provides leadership to project sub-teams by delegating tasks to team members. Monitors and requests resources to support the completion of project activities. Promotes project objectives and vision with project team and monitors activity of sub-team toward plans. Provides group and individual performance feedback to Project Managers and/or other management as needed.
- Helps management control and mitigate project risks by assisting in the analysis and identification of trigger events. Identifies project risks and recommends mitigation decisions. Provides insights for the development of contingency plans and anticipates and communicates dependencies affected by ongoing project changes.
- Supports the alignment, buy-in, and coordination of diverse project stakeholders under the guidance of Project Managers by building rapport with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior management. Discusses project milestones, responds to project requests, and communicates schedule conflicts, resource constraints, and time constraints to Project Managers. Prepares executive summaries of key metrics for project management.
- Adheres to enterprise project management practices by participating in formal and informal training sessions. Tracks and reports key metrics as needed. Gathers and reports team feedback and lessons learned to project management.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education And Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Focus on data analytics - identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex datasets
- Evaluate organizational methods and provide source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for datasets
- Work directly with managers and users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships
- Work closely with project managers to understand and maintain focus on their analytics needs, including critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions for stakeholders or yourself, with an eye on what drives business performance, and investigate and communicate which areas need improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Three or more years of experience mining data as a data analyst
- Proven analytics skills, including mining, evaluation, and visualization
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Strong SQL, Power BI Excel skills, with aptitude for learning other analytics tools
- Experience with database and model design and segmentation techniques
- Practical experience in statistical analysis through the use of statistical packages, including Excel, SPSS, and SAS
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
What we offer
Salary Range: $66,500 - $106,900