February 26, 2024
About Our Company
a4 advertising is an advanced advertising and data company that provides audience-based, multiscreen advertising solutions to local, regional and national businesses and advertising clients. a4 enables advertisers to reach more than 90 million U.S. households on television through cable networks, on-demand and addressable inventory across the U.S., and more than 45 million U.S. households through authenticated, privacy-compliant IP addressability supported by rich data sets and powerful analytics and attribution services in a simple, user-friendly way.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Data Solutions Team is a core part of a4 Media. Our team incorporates data engineering, data management, data onboarding and data analysis into a singular group. We are the data specialists that ensure the highest operational efficiency of reporting and analytics within the organization.
The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for working with various data sets utilizing advanced scripting and SQL queries to support Data Solutions team initiatives including, but not limited to custom onboarding, custom segmentation, data quality and ad hoc requests. The Senior Data Analyst will ensure compliance with Data Solutions team requirements by extracting data and performing data quality audits and analyses. The Senior Data Analyst will also utilize other research tools to support various functions within the organization. This position will require interacting across teams, including Client Services, Data Management, Engineering and Product and will require the ability to effectively communicate often complex data analytics to a variety of audiences.
- Work with large data sets in an advanced database structure (Google BigQuery, Athena, etc)
- Write advanced SQL queries for data analysis and reporting, and build Python scripts for process automation
- Identify automation opportunities within current analytics processes and work closely with EIT to implement the solution
- Perform comprehensive deep dive analysis to identify data quality issues and code reviews for junior members on the team
- Build advanced data visualization (Tableau, DOMO, or other applications. Plotly dash, matplotlib, bokeh, seaborn, etc.)
- Document development of information, data architecture and process flows
- Interpret scope-of-work and execute custom analytics projects
- Bachelor's /Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Science/Mathematics or related field or equivalent job experience. (Graduate degree in related field preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in a technical/data analyst role in a data driven environment
- Strong SQL programming skills, data structure in relational databases, data manipulation and transformation knowledge required
- Strong Python programming skills to read/write scripts and troubleshoot data issue required
- Advanced Excel, data visualization or dashboarding skills preferred
- Basic statistical analysis experience (e.g., R, Weka, etc) and statistical concepts (e.g., regression, hypothesis testing, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with tools designed for efficiently transferring bulk data and parallel processing of data stored across data environments is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate business objectives into technical requirements and communicate with various teams and stakeholders
- Ideal candidates have experience working in Media, Television or Digital Marketing
What we offer
The starting pay rate/range at time of hire for this position in the posted location is $90,899.00 - $145,439.00 / year.