February 27, 2024
About Our Company
With more than $65 billion in assets, Western Alliance Bancorporation (NYSE:WAL) is one of the country’s top-performing banking companies. Through its primary subsidiary, Western Alliance Bank, Member FDIC, business clients benefit from a full spectrum of tailored banking solutions and outstanding service delivered by industry experts who put customers first. Major accolades include being ranked #1 top-performing large bank with assets greater than $50 billion in 2021 by both American Banker and Bank Director. Serving clients across the country wherever business happens, Western Alliance Bank operates individual, full-service banking and financial brands with offices in key markets nationwide.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for an Sr. Analytics Analyst to join our growing team of data analytics experts in Retail Lending division of AmeriHome and manage the processes and people responsible for accurate reporting, modeling and analysis.
The ideal candidate has a passion for turning data into actionable insights and great communication skills. The Sr. Analytics Analyst will work closely with leaders across Departments such as sales, marketing and Operations to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. They will ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for analytics employees to follow. They will use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes.
The right person for the job will apply their exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by our company and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units.
What we are looking for:
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
- Master's Degree preferred; Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
- Experience working with Python or R.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
We’re looking for someone with experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data, and someone with at least 3 years of experience being the subject matter expertise as well as coaching and mentoring peers. The right candidate will also be proficient and experienced with the following tools/programs:
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Raw, chart.js, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and other analytics tools
- Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Mortgage experience highly desired.
What we offer
Salary range for new hires is generally $85,820 – 106,013. Salary amount reflects Southern California, salary is determined by specific job location. In addition, the role may be eligible for annual bonus/incentives earned.
Benefits You’ll Love
We offer all the important things you'd want — like competitive salaries, an ownership stake in the company, medical and dental insurance, time off, a great 401k matching program, tuition assistance program, an employee volunteer program, and a wellness program. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to bolster your business knowledge, learning the ins and outs of how successful companies operate and manage their finances, giving you invaluable hands-on experience to help grow your career!