About Our Company
Our founders, Rick and Patty Arvielo, each contributed their strengths in creating a business that leverages technology and streamlined operations to maximize lending efficiency.
Drawing on his technical aptitude and expertise in mortgage efficiency, Rick designed the New American Funding business model around time saving software. Our cutting-edge marketing and technology efforts allow us to compete with large banks. Patty's extensive mortgage background was crucial in shaping the company, and she was instrumental in bringing the entire loan process in-house.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Are you excited to analyze large datasets and help business owners make data driven decisions? Are you excited to design and develop automated reports using industry leading tools like Power BI? At New American Funding we know the importance of utilizing quantitate insights and actionable reports to drive our business; and we are looking for a highly talented Business Data Analyst to join our BI and Analytics team and help us become a more data driven company.
Location: Remote/ Hybrid two days a week if you reside within 30 miles of Tustin, CA
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive stakeholder engagement.
- Extensive experience in building Power BI Dashboards using Complex DAX Functions / merging multiple data sets/data sources.
- Strong SQL skills in analyzing, implementing/writing complex SQL scripts for designing critical data sets, trace data quality issues and should be proficient in data cleansing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to details
- Possess the ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems logically and systematically.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner with clear recommendations based on data insight.
- Can function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer-oriented team, perform effectively and demonstrate willingness to support the team on all levels to get the job done.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Experience independently designing and implementing solutions to complex problems.
- Have attention to detail to ensure the highest level of quality/rigor in solutions.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have clear and effective communication.
- Strong SQL experience.
- Strong experience in Visualization tools like Power BI to create clean, visually compelling charts that will help understand discoveries and empower others to use data to make key decisions.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analysis, dashboards, etc. to drive stakeholder engagement.
- Attention to details that involve reading/accessing intricate coding or technical structure.
- Understanding of the mortgage industry including the life cycle of a loan.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field preferred.
- Experience working with Power BI.
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Data Analyst, Data Engineer or equivalent.
- Relevant experience as a business analyst, data analyst or related role is a plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL and creating complex queries.
- Experience with Snowflake.
- Distributed Retail Mortgage experience highly desired.
Other Duties: This job may require frequent sitting or standing for long periods of time. This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
What we offer
Starting Salary $100k and can go up d.o.e.