December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Cityblock was founded in 2017 as the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs. We deliver better care to where it’s needed most, investing upstream in highly personalized, prevention-oriented health and social care to ultimately drive down costs and improve outcomes. Our tech enables scale by bringing together practical information, coordination, and communication for our members and our care teams.
We are adamant about building a radically better member experience for people living in lower-income neighborhoods that have never been prioritized. And we won’t be satisfied with anything less than transforming the way that health services are delivered in previously underserved communities across the U.S.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Data Analyst, Data Acquisition and Implementation will be accountable for being the face of our data platform to payers and our implementation partners during the process of acquiring new data sets. You will work closely with our payer partners to evaluate test files, validate data elements, and work with our ingestion teams and vendors to promptly ingest data files.
You will work closely with our Product, Operations, and Clinical teams to identify opportunities for workflow improvements and technology changes.
- Create payer-specific data mappings to evaluate payer data dictionaries against our standard data needs. Where needed, escalate critical gaps and contribute to the long-term development of a standard reusable asset (business capability to data mapping).
- Create market-based assessments of Healthcare data availability to augment existing payer data when working with a new payer in a new or existing market. In time, support the expansion of this evaluation to look at new possible data partners in other domains.
- Creates supporting documents and communication materials. One of the most critical needs of the role is communicating data decision points and escalations (i.e., issues with data that will delay timelines without action). Works with the implementation program manager and Senior Director Implementation to create leadership materials and develop risk documentation as needed. A meaningful requirement of the role is communicating data gaps for non-technical audiences in a scalable and competency-based way.
- Evaluate data contract provisions to provide an assessment to the Senior Director of Implementation and Head of Data Product of data availability relative to contract needs and our standard care model. Support the development of reusable assets that map data availability to competencies.
- Supports payer-facing conversations, either in a direct role speaking with payer data counterparts or indirect role in preparing for regular meetings.
- Academic Degree or advanced professional qualification(s) in a Healthcare Data field. Proven record of academic achievement at the highest level with publishing is desirable
- Proficient with SQL
- 5+ years of expertise in healthcare data sets (e.g., Member, Provider, Claims, Clinical, SDoH)
- Prior experience in healthcare consulting from a top tier consulting is desirable
- Exceptional communication skills possess an uncanny ability to explain complex ideas simply to top executives.
- Exceptional analytical skills; an ability to apply conceptual models, recognize patterns and draw and defend conclusions with peer analysts and clients.
- Comfort working with external vendors and particularly payers to prioritize issues, drive resolution, and communicate the path forward to internal team members.
- Ability to learn, support, and optimize new tools quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and strong writing skills.
- A team player who is proactive, flexible, results-oriented, and comfortable in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and under the pressure of deadlines.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
What we offer
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave, and any other tax-reportable benefits. The expected salary range for this position is $81,702.00 to $113,333.33. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.