February 26, 2024
About Our Company
The University of Southern California is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles, the capital of the Pacific Rim.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Business Data Analyst performs data analyses and assists in interpretation of results using a variety of techniques to support business practices. The Senior Business Data Analyst will work with management to obtain and identify analytical requirements and will provide recommendations and conclusions gained from analyzing data using statistical methods and tools. This role will research best practices, develop benchmarks, and provide dashboard metrics to management leadership. This role will also develop a variety of reporting tools for distribution, ensure data accuracy, and provide input into decisions affecting business operations and strategic initiatives. The Senior Business Data Analyst has responsibility for business-to-systems analysis and problem-solving analysis of complex management reporting and business issues.
The candidate for the position of Senior Business Data Analyst will be responsible for:
- Performs data analyses and assists in interpretation of results using a variety of techniques to support business practices. Works with management to obtain and identify analytical requirements. Research best practices and develops benchmarks. Produces data collection methods (e.g., surveys, tests, etc.), and develops tools and processes to support analyses. Analyzes results, reviews data for anomalies, investigates to identify and determine cause, and corrects data inaccuracies and inconsistencies as necessary. Provides recommendations and conclusions gained from analyzing data.
- Has responsibility for business-to-systems analysis and problem-solving analysis of complex management reporting and business issues. Utilizes statistical and quality management principles to report and initiate operational/business practices changes.
- Generates summary and specified dashboard accounts which represent operational data in brief and intelligible format, suitable for the target audience, such as executive leadership, department managers and supervisors and other analysts.
- Provides business data trend information to support recommendations for action. Collaborates with management on matters of best practices, appropriate statistical measures and benchmarking. Provides management with suggestions, as appropriate.
- Conducts analysis of findings and offers action-driven recommendations and insights to executive leaders and managers on the basis of results.
- Provides recommendations for decisions affecting business operations and strategic initiatives.
- Performs trend and benchmarking analyses. Conveys such information to executive leaders.
- Maintains currency with industry data analyses techniques, standards and related technologies.
The ideal candidate for the position of Senior Business Data Analyst has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in disciplines such as statistics, economics, mathematics, accounting, business, computer science, information science or management information science.
- Five or more years of experience in human resources and/or learning & development.
- Expert knowledge of Data Warehousing methods (e.g., Kimball) and Relational and Analytical data structures (RDBMS, OLAP etc.).
- Impressive experience in designing managerial level presentations and reports.
- Outstanding skills in finding resolution to complicated problems while performing independently in a multifaceted environment.
What we offer
The annual base salary range for this position is $96,739.35 - $113,000.00.