December 5, 2023
About Our Company
Klaviyo™ is a unified customer platform that gives online brands direct ownership of their consumer data and interactions, empowering them to turn transactions with customers into long-term relationships—at scale. With Klaviyo, brands can combine unlimited customer data with more than 250 native integrations to automate personalized email and SMS communications that make customers feel seen. Klaviyo makes it easy—no need to start from scratch, piece together multiple platforms, or rely on third-party marketplaces and ad networks. From mom-and-pop shops to established companies, innovative brands like Unilever, Taylor Made, Citizen Watches, and more than 90K other paying users leverage Klaviyo to acquire, engage, and retain customers—and grow on their own terms.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This Capacity Planning Data Analyst position will join our growing Capacity Planning & Workforce Management Team, a part of our larger Go To Market Function, but still closely aligned to and focused on supporting our Customer Success & Support Organization, including: Professional Services, Customer Education, Voice of the Customer, and of course the Support and Customer Success functions.
About The Role
As a Capacity Planning Data Analyst you will partner closely with Customer Success & Support Leadership to analyze data and build models that drive staffing and hiring plans to support our internal and external customers while continuing to deliver exceptional business and customer outcomes. As the company and team continues to grow you will oversee the deployment of these models to scale and automate planning related activities.
How You’ll Have An Impact
- Build, maintain and report on time series forecasting models for Customer Support & Professional Services organizations that are able to quantify, measure and reflect real world behavior on a structured and recurring basis
- Perform data analysis and optimize model fit to solve complex staffing and scheduling problems
- Build and maintain short term (weekly interval level) and long term (12-18 month) capacity models for our Customer Success & Support groups
- Build and maintain predictive classification models to forecast attach rate of Professional Services offerings to Sales Opportunity to forecast volume for our Professional Services organization
- Build and maintain predictive regression models that can proactively identify Professional Services projects that may miss critical milestones
- Use linear programming techniques that balance optimal headcount plans to the needs and priorities of the business.
- Design and deliver presentations on aforementioned Forecasting and Capacity Planning Models to Customer Success & Support Leadership, along with Finance, HR & Talent Acquisition business partners
- Build and maintain reporting to track current and planned staffing, by cost center and job function for planning purposes
- Document and train on implemented standards and processes to more junior planning and functional analysts that support relevant business groups
- Advise, consult and present on opportunities the business has to improve engagement models to better align to their stated business outcomes
What We’re Looking For
- Strong command of SQL for both querying and building of tables
- Excellent Excel skills and strong mathematical background
- Advanced Tableau or other data visualization tool (i.e. Looker, PowerBI) skillset
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to partner with business leaders, and experience preparing materials for an executive audience
- Is excited to approach new problems and does so with an analytical mindset
- Individual accountability and organizational skills are critical for this role
- Familiar with popular open source data libraries for Python or R
- 7+ Years of experience in an analytics or business operations role
- 2+ Years in strategic, planning, or workforce management analytics role
- Working knowledge of developing linear programming models to solve real world problems in operations, supply chain, logistics or scheduling
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent professional experience
Nice To Have
- Experience supporting Contact or Support Center function
- Experience supporting Customer Success, Customer Service or Professional Services organization
What we offer
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Pay Range For US Locations: