About Our Company
As a global healthcare company, we touch virtually every aspect of health. We work with biopharma companies, care providers, pharmacies, manufacturers, governments, and others to deliver insights, products and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Market Insights team draws upon deep expertise in data science, market access, analytics, and oncology to provide innovative, data-driven strategies for clients in the life sciences industry across all phases of product development and commercialization. Our work helps clients define markets, demonstrate value, and inform business decisions throughout product lifecycles. The Senior Clinical Data Analyst will have the opportunity to work on complex business problems leveraging our in-house data sources within a collaborative environment. Responsibilities and work experiences may include but are not limited to the following.
- Synthesizes business rules and methodological approach to answer questions posed by internal or external clients.
- Analyzes raw healthcare data from multiple sources, such as, electronic health records, claims data, and in office dispensing data using algorithms and statistical programming.
- Formats output of data analysis for customer readiness.
- Provides quality assurance on all assigned reporting and data extracts.
- Ensures data sets and reports are built to specifications.
- Interacts with clients to clarify needs and in reviewing results.
- Facilitates and participates in peer review meetings of the deliverables.
- Obtains proper approvals on each of the deliverables.
- Proactively communicates, collaborates and builds relationships with external and internal clients.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Typical Minimum Requirements
- Typically requires 6+ years of related experience in data manipulation and analysis of electronic medical records or claims data.
- 3+ years of SAS programming experience for data manipulation and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Public Health, Statistics, Research Methods, or related fields. Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience in mining Claims and EMR data, preferably Oncology related data
- Experience or a strong interest in statistical programming, data analysis, and applying quantitative methods to real-world business problems in the life sciences industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Oncology data experience preferred
- A desire to continuously learn and develop professionally
- Knowledge of data tools, such as SQL, NoSQL, Visual Basic, SAP, IBM, Neteeza, Teradata, Hadoop, and Oracle. R, Python a plus
- Experience with Tableau and other dynamic data visualization tools
What we offer
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position
$121,300 - $202,100