Rokt is the global leader in ecommerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale. Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, UrbanStems, GoDaddy, Vistaprint and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that are using Rokt's solutions to drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December 2021 Series E raise of USD$325M, Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 14 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney. With more than 50% year on year revenue growth and vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our eight core values: Smart with Humility, Conquer New Frontiers, Own the Outcomes, Enjoy the Ride, Force for Good, Raise the Bar, Communicate with Impact, and Disagree then Commit. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
Rokt is looking to hire a Senior Data Analyst to join our Business Analytics team and support us in our goal of delivering rapid insights and innovation to unlock value sooner. Data is the language that this team speaks and every member knows the data at Rokt like the palm of their hand. By combining, transforming and analyzing data, the team finds meaning in and improves the understanding of a specific situation - be it how to optimize a client's performance or how to investigate an unknown issue. As part of the greater Product organization, the team also develops feature prototypes and finds new & innovative solutions to help shape the future vision of our products. An ideal candidate can wrap their head around complex challenges and come up with elegant solutions that transform our clients’ businesses. In this role you will be working closely with our Customer Success, Product, Engineering, and FP/A teams and gain a unique end-to-end perspective of the Rokt products, as well as the challenges we solve for our clients.
Outcomes & Responsibilities
- Be part of the Business Analytics team supporting data analysis and providing valuable insights to internal/external clients
- Pair and collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to work on ad-hoc work, discovery projects, POCs, mockups, and prototypes
- Create and maintain dashboards that report on company-wide metrics
- Handle day-to-day operational requests from different teams in the business
- Perform various analytics to provide business recommendations for marketing, product, business development, customer success, and finance
- Apply statistical methods, concepts and tools to interpret data, analyze results and convert it into useful knowledge
- Prepare reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Structure problems, identify solution options and manage evaluation processes including any supporting analysis, customer inputs or research
- Work with Engineering to develop ETL/ELT workflows and integrate data collected from new tools, systems and applications into our data warehouse
- Be an active member of the broader product team, engaged in broader discussion and team building activities
Capabilities & Requirements
- You have 6+ years of experience in the field of applying data, analytics, and research to drive demonstrable results
- You are a SQL expert and have experience working with big data in some form
- You are experienced working with cloud computing services like relational databases, analytics, etc
- You are experienced with visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker
- You are experienced in creating value-added derivative metrics, forecasting models or unique analytics to drive commercial outcomes.
- You have the ability to break down complex problems, conduct relevant analysis, and evaluate and recommend solutions
- You are experienced with data-driven product development strategies and have experience with agile development methodologies
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, who is comfortable translating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels and contextual angles
- You feel comfortable sorting through ambiguity
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
- You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- Experience using languages like R or Python to execute and share the results of analyses desired
- You are a great team player, positively contributing to the Rokt team and culture
- Force for Good. We actively invest in the growth of our people and the strengthening of our communities. Our NYC office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. We require all Rokt’stars as well as anyone else who will be onsite at the Rokt NYC office – clients, contractors, vendors, and suppliers – to show proof of vaccination and their booster shot.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high-performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family. And our NYC office is dog-friendly!
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020, Hawaii in May 2022), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, Tokyo.
- Get the best of both worlds with a hybrid workplace. We firmly believe that we are better together - in-person interaction is an important part of our culture and supports our rapid growth through better apprenticeship and career development. We currently work 3 days a week in office, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds (please note: this is subject to change based on the needs of the business and some support roles still require a full time presence). One week per quarter, you also have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Base salary - $125,000 - $140,000 / year