Connecting millions of people to the energy they use every day, while continually seeking ways to make the energy system clean, fair, and affordable.
National Grid lies at the heart of a transforming energy system. Our business areas play a vital role in connecting millions of people to the energy they use, while continually seeking ways to make the energy system cleaner. National Grid Ventures and National Grid Partners also enable innovations to help revolutionise and decarbonise the future of energy.
To support the NY Electric Project Management & Construction (PM&C) department, with support specifically to the NY Project Management and NY Project Delivery Support teams. The primary goal is to support the department in achieving its objective of delivering a $0.5B capital portfolio comprised of electric transmission and distribution projects.
- Accountable for implementing processes and reporting to drive team performance and improve external and internal data quality.
- Model datasets and analyze key themes from a wide range of data sources to validate data, prioritize risk, and identify how different scenarios may impact upon the business, making recommendations based on the results of the analyses.
- Analyze risk, financial, and operational data and translate their impact on delivering the capital workplan.
- Work with Resource Planning, Project Controls, Portfolio Controls and Finance to analyze data against objectives and enable understanding of situations that lead to variances and help stakeholders work through strategies to minimize these situations.
- Produce effective reports for use by senior leaders to help them understand performance against the workplan.
- Understand and ensure integrity and compliance with respect to regulatory strategy, financial controls and Network Delivery processes.
- Additional accountabilities may include ensuring the Project Delivery Support team has a cadenced, metric based approach to contractor and contract performance evaluation and reporting to stakeholders and vendors.
- Storm Support during major weather events in NY as required.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Work well in a team.
- 3+ years experience in a data analysis.