December 4, 2023
About Our Company
Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Citi’s PBWM Technology (PBWMT) organization serves the PBWM global suite of products providing a full range of innovative and comprehensive set of services. Our businesses also offer industry-leading advanced technology, a strong worldwide presence and a powerful global franchise.
The Senior Data Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. The person is a recognized technical authority for an area within the business and requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince colleagues in other areas and external customers. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- As the Data and Analytics subject matter expert, design and help build data warehouses, analytical solutions and software tools for NAM data domain covering new and emerging business demand.
- The lead Business/Data Analyst will play a pivotal role in understanding the vision and strategy of business partners and stakeholders. Work closely with the business users to source emerging business use cases such as onboarding or ingesting new third party or partner data types, building data marts or producing new visualization and reporting.
- Work with the business users to understand the ask in detail, ensuring that the requirements are documented, the data and technical design are fit for purpose and concerns are analyzed and addressed in a timely manner.
- Enable teams to production of functional requirements documents, data mapping documents, maintaining end-to-end requirements traceability, and reviewing the test plan and cases as required
- Look for opportunities to simplify our data ecosystem and perform research and development on new technology solutions such as Cloud enablement.
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions.
- Ensure design and control standards are adhered to for all data projects and work with delivery teams to take any open design issues to resolution
- Create clear processes and framework for transparent documentation on existing data flows and determine gaps in solution that may impact requirements.
- Change Management Advocate - Innovate and generate new ideas, concepts, and models to improve methods of obtaining and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data. Question and validate assumptions and status quo. Escalate identified risks and sensitive areas in terms of methodology and processes
- Display critical thinking in the creation of succinct narrative reports, presentations and visual mappings to report analytical assessments. Display data and the results of analysis in clear straightforward business report that can be understood by non-technical readers.
- Employs developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
- Produces detailed analysis of issues where the best course of action is not evident from the information available, but actions must be recommended/ taken.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6+ years of experience within IT data and analytics function in a large, matrixed organizations; proven track record in supporting transformation and change and the ability to connect the dots to the organizational priorities
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills to proactively address business questions and the ability to understand trade-offs and impacts across business and technology processes to cultivate a 'no surprises' approach
- Strategic, analytical, and systematic thinker who consistently challenges the status quo and constructively challenges the team to drive change and continuous improvement.
- Good understanding of technical architecture and design considerations, experience with the data flow, data marts and metadata through interconnected applications so as to support capture, organization, movement, transformation, storage and consumption of data
- Enterprise Data platforms, data solutions, data Warehouse/ETL design and development methodologies knowledge and experience required.
- Strong technical background including software programming using SQL, Java, Scala or Python, Big Data tooling such as Spark, Hadoop and data visualization tools. Experience working with Cloud based data warehouse systems such as Snowflake on AWS or GCP will be preferred.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
What we offer
$121,560.00 - $182,340.00