Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader with a comprehensive portfolio designed to maximize mobility and improve health. We advance our mission to alleviate pain and improve the quality of life for patients around the world with our innovative products and suite of integrated digital and robotic technologies leverage data, data analytics and artificial intelligence. Founded in 1927 and based in Warsaw, Zimmer Biomet has operations in more than 25 countries and sales in more than 100 countries. We maintain world-class scientific facilities and resources and collaborate with leading clinicians and researchers around the world.
We are looking for a motivated & energetic Health Informatics Analyst who is passionate about discovering the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help our customers make smarter decisions. This position will deliver perceptive interpretations of healthcare data by evaluating current statistics, data dynamics, and patterns and trends in data. The position will: have responsibility for ensuring the accuracy, quality, and completeness of data exchange with our internal partners and customers; create and deliver interpretive analyses using SQL, Excel, Power BI, and other tools; and look for ways to drive automation and efficiency.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The position will: have responsibility for ensuring the accuracy, quality, and completeness of data exchange with our internal partners and customers; create and deliver interpretive analyses using SQL, Excel, Power BI, and other tools; and look for ways to drive automation and efficiency. The data analytics team utilizes informatics principles and techniques to architect, mine, analyze, and visualize patient outcome data to inform our customers. The analyst will collaborate with product management, a cross-functional team and customers to identify & document clear requirements to analyze patterns, then design compelling visualizations of the data to support internal & external stakeholders to make better informed decisions.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Perform comprehensive review of data sources to deliver high quality health informatics data and analysis to the development team.
- Experience with using data visualization software to design, build, deploy, enhance, and maintain data products.
- Gather and analyze business requirements and goals from various stakeholders.
- Gain access to necessary data though SQL queries, Excel extracts, and various tools.
- Interpret the data to provide meaningful answers or recommendations.
- Identify patterns and trends in the data; ability to forecast; ability to tell the data’s story.
- Create and deliver custom reports/dashboards and handle special projects as needed.
- Perform advanced analytical activities, including defining, measuring, and communicating core operational metrics and providing insight to the business.
- Perform both routine and ad hoc reports and analyses.
- Drive an FDA quality system development culture and support it across the product lifecycle, rolling up your sleeves to document where necessary and mentor where appropriate.
- Incorporate application concepts and user workflow concepts into designs, crafting business solutions leveraging best practices from these.
- Work across boundaries both geographic and functional to participate with and help knit together a large team of software & medical device professionals. The work team will include people from quality, regulatory, legal, compliance, product, engineering, operations, implementations, and others.
- Degree in informatics, computer science/engineering, health information, statistics, or related field required, Masters preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics and creating user needs and requirements in healthcare required. Medical device industry preferred.
- Advanced skills & proficiency with PowerBI
- Skilled in Agile/SCRUM, SAFe methodologies and experience in leading complex projects using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience with at least one requirements management tool such as Atlassian Jira or CodeBeamer.
- Analytical thinker with great attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks within tight timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary Range: $92,000 -110,000 / year