February 26, 2024
About Our Company
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world’s largest interactive entertainment companies, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Live Ops Analytics Team is adding a talented Sr. Analyst to work directly with our studio partners. As a member of the Live Ops Team, your mission is to put science into decision making. You will work closely with designers, engineers, business stakeholders, and analytics peers to derive meaningful insights and recommendations to improve gameplay design and commercial decisions.
- Partner with studios to proactively identify and implement gameplay analytics in support of the development goals of designers and engineers
- Partner with studio engineers and business analysts to implement game health telemetry and tracking, create new dashboards and reports, and perform deep-dive research
- Collaborate with the live services teams to optimize game feature balance, game economies, and to identify and close out exploits
- Deliver presentations on analytic topics and results to both technical and non-technical audiences
The ideal candidate will be a motivated data expert who wants to grow their analytics toolset in a fast-paced environment, is focused on delivering value to stakeholders, and has a passion for video games.
- Measurable Impact: Consistently demonstrating analytics impact on revenue, engagement, and player experience.
- Relationships: As an embedded team member, team success is a priority. You will rely on your excellent relationship skills to build trust with your studio partners.
- Communication: You will effectively manage your own time, stakeholder, and leadership expectations.
- Translator: Your work speaks for itself; correct, clear, and concise insights leading to action.
- Domain knowledge: As you understand our players’ mindset, you are reliably able to qualitatively deduce and draw quantitative conclusions that will directly influence decision making.
- BA/BS degree required with a technical focus (e.g. data science, statistics, mathematics) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in analytics-related work.
- Experience working with business partners to create and communicate strategic actionable takeaways, provide solutions, and expose areas of improvement.
- Strong technical skills using SQL to generate data sets - familiarity working in a notebook-based workflow a plus.
What we offer
Subject To Eligibility Requirements, The Company Offers Comprehensive Benefits Including
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.