December 5, 2023
About Our Company
The Athletic delivers powerful stories and smart analysis that bring sports fans closer to the heart of the game. From breaking news and live commentary, to deeply-reported long reads and exclusive interviews, subscribers rely on The Athletic for every sports story that matters. Acquired by The New York Times in 2022.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for a senior data analyst to lead analytic projects, measure marketing effort effectiveness via owning attribution logic, and work with the data science team to further optimize the marketing team’s ROI. You will be leading technical work to support all marketing fronts. You will work closely with data engineering, analytic operations team, and data science team to instrument attribution system, LTV measurement, etc. You will support complicated analytic initiatives to help us accelerate the growth of our business. You will be a key player in creating our data culture and help us accelerate the growth of our business.
- Be key partner with directors of marketing teams, advise on optimization strategies, accurately size opportunities, and seek improved methods for assessing the value of marketing innovations
- Use data analysis, data mining and segmentation to identify key customer insights, deliver recommendations, and build growth forecasts and budget plans
- Own/manage data model and data pipeline that enables attribution tracking, metadata, taggings parsing, for performance marketing
- Build-out and maintain marketing dashboards that will provide clarity to KPIs, performance drivers, and competitive trends
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics for a subscription-based or highly operational business
- At least 12 month of those years in SEM, Display, Paid Social and Analytics, or working as analyst in marketing agency
- Highly proficient in SQL and experienced with standard marketing analysis (ROI, CAC, etc)
- Familiarity with APIs, data ingestion / aggregation tools
- Highly analytical mindset, can clearly articulate ideas, frame problems and offer solutions
- Great communication and collaboration skills, both at the executive level and with peers and cross-functional teams
- Understanding of the subscription revenue model in the digital media space
What we offer
The annual base salary range for this role is $125,000.00 - $140,000.00 USD. The total compensation offered for this position may vary based on factors such as education, experience, skills, and location. It may also include non-cash rewards and benefits. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
The Athletic offers unique perks and benefits to all full-time employees based on their country of residence. Our comprehensive US benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive, employer-contributed medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance plans
- Savings accounts for medical, wellness, and childcare expenses
- 401k retirement savings plan and employer match
- Paid time off including paid sick leave, 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days of accrued paid time off, and up to 20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
For international candidates: Our global benefits packages offer similar benefits and perks, competitive to the local market.