February 22, 2024
About Our Company
Zynga was founded in 2007 with the vision that play would become one of the core activities on the Internet. We pioneered social games with the belief that if we could make games simple, accessible and social the world would start playing. We are excited that games have grown to become the second most popular activity by time spent, even surpassing email. But we have a lot of hard work, innovation and growth ahead of us to create a future where social gaming is a daily habit for everyone.
Zynga is a global leader in interactive entertainment with a mission to connect the world through games and a wholly-owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
With a massive global reach in more than 175 countries and regions, the combined diverse portfolio of popular game franchises has been downloaded more than 5 billion times on mobile, including CSR Racing™, Dragon City™, Empires & Puzzles™, FarmVille™, Golf Rival™, Hair Challenge™, Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells™, High Heels!™, Merge Dragons!™, Merge Magic!™, Monster Legends™, Toon Blast™, Top Eleven™, Toy Blast™, Two Dots™, Words With Friends™ and Zynga Poker™.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Careers Category: Data, Analytics & User Research
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Zynga’s Data Science and Analytics team uses our outstanding and expansive data to model and predict user behavior, making our games more personalized and more fun to play. We continually strive to better understand our players, and provide them with experiences that surprise and delight.
Here’s where you would come in! A successful candidate will be passionate about using analytics and data science to impact revenue through customer-centric, data-driven initiatives.
This person will partner with other analytics/data science teams and studio leaders around the globe to identify and act on opportunities to increase engagement, retention, revenue, optimization, and improve the player experience for our customers.
- Use our modern tech stack, AWS (Redshift & Kinesis), Databricks and PySpark, Airflow, and Tableau to find opportunities to improve the experience that Zynga provides to its players.
- Own objective evaluation of game health and all content/feature releases, through daily KPI reports, business health meetings, and feature/event readouts and analysis.
- Engage with the game leadership team to provide insights and guidance derived from quantitative study; influence and analytically validate product assumptions and roadmap.
- Conduct partner relationships with leads of the Product Management, Design, Marketing, Advertising, and Production organizations to understand the analytical requirements of the business.
- Build KPI dashboards/reports that signal deviations from expected outcomes, empowering feature owners to run performance for the business.
- Champion experimentation efforts, including experimental design and analysis.
- Handle the game team’s data assets by defining telemetry events, architecting data models, and defining data quality governance.
- Collaborate with software architects, database engineers, analysts, data scientists and game teams to drive key strategic initiatives for the improvement of the data and analytics infrastructure.
Desired skills and experience:
- B.S. or B.A. in Math, Statistics, Comp Sci, Engineering, or other quantitative field required; graduate degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in data science or analytics role in a product support capacity
- Proficient in SQL and Python; Adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau
- Experience in distilling large complex data into actionable insights
- Knowledge of probability & statistics, experimental design, machine learning, data mining, predictive modeling
- Experience in analyzing large datasets and deploying production-ready systems at scale
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong passion for gaming
What we offer
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP/DPSP company match contribution (Canada)
- Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Global Fitness reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily player
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $112,000 and $168,000 per Year.